|Due to COVID-19 most in-person events are being progressively cancelled or postponed, often replaced with virtual online webinars. We are proactively updating our events page as new information comes to hand, including online events designed to replace the in-person events impacted by the pandemic.|
The Mobile Driver’s License and Ecosystem Webinar Series
- This is highly relevant to Kantara's mDL Discussion Group. Participants, please attend. Register here.
The Secure Technology Alliance Identity Council is hosting the fourth webinar in its series on mobile driver’s licenses on Wed., October 28, 2020. As adoption of mobile driver’s licenses (mDLs) increases in the U.S. and the landscape for the technology comes into focus, challenges are still ahead that will need to be addressed for those that issue, accept, and verify identity. The fourth webinar will focus on the challenges to robust growth of the mDL ecosystem and industry activities to address them.
The webinar, “Challenges to the mDL Ecosystem,” will be held October28 at 1pm ET/10am PT. Registration is available at https://securetechalliance.webex.com/securetechalliance/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4783ce208798231140cc84a966dab9a5.
Speakers for the fourth webinar are: Arjan Geluk, UL; Loffie Jordaan, AAMVA; David Kelts, GET Group North America; Tom Lockwood, NextgenID; Mindy Stephens, AAMVA; Randy Vanderhoof, Secure Technology Alliance.
Attendees of the fourth webinar will get a better understanding of implementation considerations in the mDL ecosystem, including:
- Identity proofing and mDL enrollment
- Verifier assurance for mDLs
- Testing and certification for compliance with the ISO 18013-5 standard
- Trust frameworks and responsibility for privacy, transparency and accountability
- Data transfer options for verifiers
- Opportunities for jumpstarting the mDL ecosystem
Presentations made available following past events can be found here.