Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference
Date and Time
- Roll Call
- Agenda Confirmation
- Minutes approval: IAWG Meeting Minutes 2014-04-17
- Action Item Review
- Staff reports and updates
- LC reports and updates
- Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
- Status update on FICAM IAF mapping
- IAWG Metrics
- Call for Participation - group to do Global Core of SAC
Link to IAWG Roster
As of 2014 March 13, quorum is 5 of 9
- Paul Calatayud (V-C)
- Andrew Hughes (S)
- Scott Shorter
- Bill Braithwaite
- Matt Thompson
- Richard Wilsher
- Cathy Tilton
- Adam Madlin (Symantec)
- Devon Cusek (MedAllies)
- Susan Schreiner (MITRE)
- Ken Dagg
Notes & Minutes
IAWG Meeting Minutes 2014-04-17
Motion to approve minutes of 2014-04-17: Braithwaite
Seconded: Paul C.
Action Item Review
- Adam Madlin: Symantec has been confirmed as the first FICAM CSP - they have successfully gone through the new ATOS process.
- Andrew Hughes: Attended Digital Identification and Authentication Council of Canada meetings - interesting approach to National programs for ID and Authentication - foundation is Banking, Federal Gov, Provincial Gov, Telcos.
Braithwaite chairing new HIMSS Task force on Identity Management. Two meetings held; monthly calls at 1 PM ET on 4th Tuesday of month.
Patient identity information is not being handled well in healthcare - much variability and no interoperability or ability to cross-match. Concept is to leverage HIMSS membership to gain standardization in patient identification and attribute management to enable appropriate record access and linking for record matching. The starting point is standardization of identifier and attribute data. The charter is available from Bill Braithwaite on request.
Contact Mike Kroll email@example.com to join the list; you do not have to be a HIMSS member to participate.
FICAM IAF status update (Shorter)
- Looking at a Core set of requirements (based on ATOS and other changes)
- (need to schedule a meeting for this)
- Meeting is scheduled today (Furr, Shorter, Wilsher, Alterman) to review SAFEBiopharma materials on this same topic
- Scott, Bjorn, Wilsher - look into InCommon's "Alternative Means" Approach to looking into solutions that do not fit into the 800-63 model
- Have drafted Proposed S3A Appendix for "Comparable Conformity"
- Coming to IAWG in the next couple weeks
- For 'innovative' solutions that don't fit the mould
FICAM TEM event update (Slide deck here: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/wg-idassurance/attachments/20140508/40aabcc9/attachment-0001.pdf )
- There is a need for Identity Resolution at the Agencies
- some agencies do it on their own because they have the data
- some use external parties
- It was of doubtful value - lack of flow was a challenge
- Anil's slide deck will be forwarded to the list
- FICAM Focus of attribute bundles testing is focused on the bundles themselves, not the dynamic nature of ID resolution
- Lexis Nexis discussed interpretation of the NASPO identity resolution study results - caution is required from taking the unqualified % numbers - the methodology was not designed to create a % Confidence number but rather was a pattern analysis of a data set to determine what bundles might be effective. No cross-comparisons available from other vendors.
- Symantec went through the ATOS process reasonably pain free - close working relationship
- FICAM conducted technical testing
- There would be benefit in a single test harness - but that does not seem to be there selected FICAM approach
- Testing is being pushed out to industry
- It is unclear which organizations are assessing the testing organizations