Date

2019-12-12

Status of Minutes

Approved

Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>

Attendees

Voting

Non-Voting

Regrets:  

Quorum Status

Meeting was quorate 

Participant Roster (2016) - As of 2019-05-15 quorum is 5 of 9

(Voting participants are: Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C),, Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santolalla, Lisa LeVasseur, James Aschberger, Yusef Khan)

Discussion Items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

5 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing

Jim P

  • Please remember to update your entry on the Consent Receipts Implementations Page - this is a major landing point for external viewers and raises awareness of the CIS WG work and your product too
  • During the course of the meeting to take sparse notes, noting these key things:
         a.  Open Critical Question 
         b.  New Action items and owners
         c.  Key Agreements by the team
         d.  Answers to Critical Questions (if none when? assign a deadline)
  • Update on new ISI Charter work Timeline Review 
  • AOB
5 minMotion to approve prior minutesquorate

MOTION: To approve all and any outstanding meeting minutes requiring approval.

Moved by:  Iain

Second: Lisa

Discussion: None requested

Motion: Carried.

5 min
  • Organization updates
All

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation. 

12/5

  • Send an email to those who have missed four or more consecutive meeting notifiing them, they are being moved to non-voting
    • Should they choose to return at any point and become voting memebers again, they may do so as long as they are in conformance of the Kantara Charter
0 minNews about new implementationsAll
0 minProcessing feature requests for v.next specification work
  • Re-engaged work Being done on GitHub, do we stay with it and multtle through the learning curve, or go back to Confluence (here), This is a big questions the group needs to answer.
    • 11/14 - What are the top level Catogories 
    • 11/14 - How will they be define: ie Bugs/Enhancments/New Specs
      • Tom Jones & Vitor know of some predefined lists and would look at them
    • 11/21 Jim's suggested in order to discuss the open items/issue/Et al the group use the following process
      • Items can only be discussed if the person who entered the item/issue/Et al is on the call using a cronological order first in first out (FIFO)
      • Should no one with an open item be on the call the work group will move to other open issues, AKA Catorogy needed, developing, agreeing on, and implementing them for GitHub use and Beyond.
 5 minNews and HappeningsJim

The MyData Movement has requested a 20 minute presentation on CR on thier 12/13 Webinar

  • Jim will present and Andrew has provided the slide he did in Sept.

Me2B Alliance Webinar Series addresses the most pressing issues facing consumers and businesses in the security and privacy arena. Join us for the inaugural webinar in the series.

  • CCPA Through a Me2B Lens Thu, Dec 19, 2019 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM America/Los_Angeles (PST) Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/546171549
  • This webinar will look at the key provisions of the CCPA from the perspective of the Me2B Alliance, asking what the law does - and doesn't - do to advance consumer interests and agency in their online interactions with businesses.

    Speaker: Christopher W. Savage, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP


0  minDemo status updateall
0 minutesFrist meeting of the month demoallDataFund
0 minSpecification update approach

See a flowchart version of this here:

https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/b-DWOcuKGnVY1PXBKXTpL0-DQOeqmZMGfGUAPiC5

0 minWG Charter RefreshJim
  • Passed ifrst step, awaiting next steps to build out the new WG
5 min

Upcoming events update

All
35 minAOB

Discussion about future of the new work group:

  • Best path forward administratively would be to start a new WG using the current updated charter. Then move to archive this current WG. This would cause a clean-up of stale participant lists and allow us to change to the simpler "Non-assert covenant" IPR option.
  • Have the two existing WGs (CISWG and CMS WG) working side by side, until 31st January 2020.

  • Information Sharing Interoperability (ISI -WG) is the proposed name for this new WG) under the default Non assertion covenant IPR. The new charter for new WG already approved by the LC.

    • MOTION: Use the name Information Sharing Interoperability WG 
      • Moved: Mary H.
      • Second: Lisa L.
      • Discussion: Mark asked to review old verses new, and was provided the links
    • Motion carried
  • The ISI-WG' is prepared, using the recently LC balloted charter for a new WG

    • And populated with the existing Consent Receipt v1.1 specification, but not published until there is consensus on the name of the new WG.

    • It will likely be published without the contributors to the Consent Receipt agreement to 'recontribute' their contributions into the new WG under the new IPR because we may not have them all in time.

    • Target date for initial release of ISI-WG is January 10th but could slip a few days/a week later.

    • The new group is to approach applicable efforts as multiple discrete projects with small project teams working independently and reporting back to the entire WG at least monthly.

    • All Features and specs to be driven and tracked out of Confluence. Technical coding and programming (GitHub)

    • Two initial discrete projects proposed to move forward immediately (subject to consensus from the CISWG but the actual yes/no vote will be in the new ISI-WG when spun up with GPAs signed and has a roster of voting participants).

      Consent Receipt profiles/extensions

      Infosharing profile

    • Consent Information Sharing currently operating proposed to be archived 31st Jan.

  • TIme lines:

12/12/19: Regular CISWG call. Recorded with approval from attendees given its importance  It can be deleted after the change process has completed or within 60 days, which ever is sooner. Agenda needs special care to cover all the topics to include;

  • Explanation of the current challenges and a proposed way forward, Motion Approved
  • Proposal with supporting rationale to spin up the new group [provisional name chganging from IS-WG to ISI-WG] with the new (already approved) charter with the default IPR regime Non assertion covenant, Motion Approved

  • Discuss proposal for contributors to Consent Receipt to contribute/have contributed their contributions to the new WG as baseline text for further work. Motion Approved

  • Quorum and consensus on the above, Motion to approve each of the above was obtained.  All above Approved

12/19/19: Continuation of above to secure further approvals of all Motions.

12/20/19: If consensus for above are achieved and minuted, then bring forward some/all actions shown for 01/05/20.

01/05/20: Tasks Forward

    • New WG proposed leads request staff to create the new WG

    • An email goes out to the WG email list roster to summarize the progress so far and next steps with timetable.

    • Notice goes to the WG email list stating the contributors to the consent receipt, stating that these contributors are the set of contributors at the close of the Consent Receipt's IPR review and public comment period in 2017 and 2018. Request to these contributors to agree to their contribution being re-contributed to the new WG (Link to Survey Monkey included). Ballot open 14 days closing Monday Jan 20th 2020.

01/09/20: Regular CISWG call to review progress.

01/10/20: ISI-WG goes live... currently without the Consent Receipt text as a baseline.

01/13/20: Target date for all CR contributors to have completed Survey Monkey and agreed to the re-contribution.

01/20/20: Target date for ISI-WG to have Consent Receipt contributed test also live on the website. Kantara promotes the new WG on Social etc.

01/23/20: First call proposed for the new WG using same call cadence as CISWG. Email the CIS WG to encourage people to sign the GPA of the new WG get on the mailing list etc.

01/30/20: Second call of new WG.

01/31/20: CISWG proposed to be officially archived.

Proposed Email to current CIS WG Members:

  • As you are probably aware, the Consent Information Sharing workgroup (CIS-WG) is proposed to be archived and replaced by a new workgroup [proposed name Information Sharing Interoperability - ISI-WG] to be both more agile and project-driven, as well as operating under a more flexible IPR regime .

    Furthermore, it is the desire of both the voting participants in the CISWG the participants in the new ISIWG to use the Consent Receipt Specification v1.1 text as the baseline for further document development.

    It is important therefore, the contributors to the work are aware of this and also agree through a straight up or down vote to their work being contributed into the new work group with its more flexible IPR.

    All known contributors are listed in the Consent Receipt Specification v1.1 incorporating previous versions and published at : (link) as at the close of the 45 day IPR review and public comment period for this specification. They are listed below for the sake of clarity.

    ...John doe ...Sally doyle

    .... etc

    The new ISI-WG requests Contributors to Consent Receipt v1.1 to agree to the re-contribution of those contributions from the Consent and Information Sharing work group to the new group.

    Please complete the form on Survey Monkey (link) regarding your agreement or otherwise to this recontribution to the new workgroup as soon as possible but in any event by Monday January 20th, 2020.

    Finally, we welcome everyone continuing to contribute your knowledge, expertise, and perspectives in this new WG [ name] effort. (links to GPA, wiki etc)

Message Log Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11-40-44 AM Eastern Standard Time.pdf

2019-12-12 10.37 Consent and Information Sharing WG.mp4



Next meeting

*** Next call 2019-12-19 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/323930725

  • MOTION: To adjourn 
    • Moved: Lisa L
    • Second: Oscar
    • Discussion: None
  • Motion carried