Oct 20, 2016
Meeting notes approved at 2017-01-05 Meeting Notes (CR)
Meeting achieved quorum.
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 4 of 7 as of 2016-10-06
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes
- Roll call
- Agenda bashing
- Minutes approval
- Funding requests to LC/Board
- This is the time of year to submit funding requests to LC and Board
- John W.
- The CR Reader tool is needed
- A web page script?
- node.js ? Angular ?
- A mobile app?
- Add in some UX to the display
- Q: Can we create a viewer that is also a conformance test?
- A: possibly
- A: Keeping a viewer distinct from a conformance test tool (Rule of interoperability: "Be strict in what you send and generous in what you accept")
- ACTION: John W. to draft a proposal for discussion
- Also Purpose Lists
- Also Guidance Text
- ACTION: Mark to draft some proposal text for discussion
|25 min||David Turner|
- David has come to terms with the term "Human Readable" - "in a form that can be naturally or easily read by a person" (dictionary)
- "Machine Readable" doesn't work - it should be "Other Encodings"
- Goal this week to make the information consumable and understandable for readers that are new to the text
- The KI-CR09.2 draft - should be ok for presentation at IIW
- Still needs some specific information from this WG - David as Editor is unable to provide the content - it must come from WG participants
- Consent Type: it is broken, must be addressed by the group
- Appendix A
- Note: that the ISO work has been approved as a New Work Item - so it begins the path at the Working Draft stage this week
- Note that User Submitted Terms has to feed into the content of the receipt
- Consent Type
- The text is not a description of the Consent Receipt evidence - it's a description of the nature of the process that was used to arrive at the evidence
- This is a frequent issue with Consent type discussions
- Would "Consent Strength" be a useful field here? Yes, but maybe not called that - some attribute indicating the process used
- Note: when sensitive data is involved, most laws state that the consent must be explicit.
- For non-sensitive data other notice types and consent types could be added
- What happens when there is an implicit consent - by the action of participating becomes implicit consent
- Discussion on IIW plans and activities
Motion: John W. circulate the 'clean' v9.2 at IIW seeking feedback and discussion.
Second: John M.
Discussion: The standalone document needs preamble for context. Who owns the responsibility for running the IIW Session? (John W.) Consider having multiple sessions for different topics. e.g. purpose lists for HIPPA from HEART WG etc.
Result: Motion carries.
- Discussion on future structure of the WG
|Andrew Hughes||deferred due to lack of time.|
- David Turner to seed a discussion thread on "Consent Type" field (and other areas needing WG contribution)
- John Wunderlich to prepare to hold a session(s) at IIW to dig into sections of the v0.92 document draft
- Mark Lizar to draft some proposal text for funding for Purpose Lists and Guidance Text
- John Wunderlich to draft some proposal text for funding for a 'CR viewer' that might also be a conformance test tool
CR Spec publication schedule
Current: call for comments on draft spec commences
September 19 Close of business (Pacific) deadline for feedback on spec draft including examples and feedback from implementers. | |
September 22 WG call to review CR draft structure | |
September 29 WG call to review CR draft and discuss items needing resolution | |
October 6 WG call | |
October 13 WG call | |
|October 20||Candidate draft to WG. |
Decision required if the draft is sufficiently mature to base an IIW session on it.
|October 27||Final working session for WG (with/without IIW comments) on candidate draft|| |
Final draft for WG review
|November 10||Working group ballot - must be approved by WG on Nov 10th|| |
|November 15||Send doc to the Leadership Council. They must approve it by Nov 30.|| |
|November 30||LC Approval decision|| |
|December 1||Kantara all member ballot begins.|| |
|January 15 2017||Earliest Spec approval date|| |