This is the running update from the Kantara Initiative, Inc Executive Director. Have questions or comments? Suggest some added information or edits? Contact the ED firstname.lastname@example.org
March 2016 has been a memorable one for your Executive Director in his first month on the contract. It follows three months of intense activity for Kantara - possibly the most intense in its history.
It began with Joni's shock resignation in December (we all miss her but she remains a steadfast supporter up there in the great White North) and the establishment of the Sub-committee of the Board of Trustees to see the organization through the 'interregnum'.
The Board was very busy tho' as it made three decisions in rapid succession. To convert to Self Incorporation; To transition to a new service management organization; To appoint a new ED.
This period is best described by President Allan Foster; 'like ripping a plaster off a hairy fore-arm - it will be painful, but the pain will be short-lived'. Actually, it's been longer than short-lived, but the light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter and larger by the day.
- ISO/ITU-T: Next activities on the way in preparation of Liaison Statements.
- EHNAC / DirectTrust: MoUs signed and PR has been published. The next actions will take place under the HIAWG TigerTeam. If you'd like to get involved join HIAWG.
- IDESG: MoU signed making Kantara the first formal liaison of IDESG. We look forward to collaborating.
- ForgeRock upgrades to Trustee
- Spotlights: If you would like your organization to be highlighted please contact the ED.
- LC: The LC asks all WG/DGs leadership to fill out the new shorter version status reports. Please return to LC@ mail list.
- LC: Building from the leadership retreat the LC ask all WGs to update their charter to be aligned with the new draft "why" statement of Kantara. Updates to charters are due in to LC by Sept 25. See the Leadership Retreat Summary for more details.
- Interns: The LC has draft text in the works to start seeking interns. The LC believes Kantara Initiative has great opportunities for students interested in Identity, Trust, Privacy – and just Industry Standards Consortia in general. If you know a student who would be interested to participate contact the ED.
- Event Planning Radar: An Event Radar page has been created to track events where Kantara should put its energy and resources toward participation. Please note this page tactical and to be used to determine where we put our resources. Members can add events for consideration of Kantara participation by editing the page (using their wiki credential) or contacting staff @ kantarainitiative.org. There is also a community calendar that lists group meetings as well as any, and all, events that touch the IdM/IAM spaces. The community and meeting calendar is not tactical but informational.
- Oct 14 - Workshop: Panels and discussions around Trusted IDX at the Smart Card Alliance on Oct 14.
- Oct 15-16 User Centric ID Live: Various Kantara speakers. ED speaking in regard to Drivers and Innovators of Identity Management.
- Oct 28 - Workshop: Kantara Initiative has nearly locked in contract for a venue to host a workshop in the vicinity of RSA EU on October 28. Seeking organizations to partner to plan a collaborative event around the RSA EU event this year in Amsterdam - October 29-31.
- Oct 31-Nov 1 - UMA IOP1: Hosted at MIT, sponsored by ForgeRock and others this ad-hoc event will test interop of UMA features in context of OAuth 2.0 and OIDC. More information.
- Nov 10-11 - Plenary: Planned for Nov 10-11 in the vicinity of IETF in Vancouver, BC.