Welcome to the Directors corner.
This is the running update from the Kantara Initiative Executive Director's office. Have questions or comments? Suggest some added information or edits? Contact the ED (Joni Brennan).
- ISO/ITU-T: Next activities on the way in preparation of Liaison Statements.
- EHNAC / DirectTrust: MoUs signed and PR has been pushed. The next actions will take place under the HIAWG TigerTeam. If you'd like to get involved join HIAWG.
- IDESG: MoU signed making Kantara the first formal liaison of IDESG. We look forward to collaborating.
- NSTIC Resilient Network: We are moving forward to begin work to identify a set of Service Assessment Criteria that is applicable to actors in the Resilient Network. This work will take place as part of a sub-team of the IAWG. If you have interest in participating please join the IAWG or contact the ED.
- HIAWG: TigerTeam draft to determine feasibility of inter-Trust Framework recognition.
- UMA: Crowdtilt campagin has tilted
- Spotlights: If you would like your organization to be highlighted please contact the ED.
- LC: The LC has just about finalized the questions they'll use to keep track of WG/DG activities. This is the new status update format versus the quarterly reports.
- Interns: The LC has draft text in the works to start seeking interns. The LC believes Kantara Initiative has great opportunities for students interested in Identity, Trust, Privacy – and just Industry Standards Consortia in general. If you know a student who would be interested to participate contact the ED.
- Event Planning Radar: An Event Radar page has been created to track events where Kantara should put its energy and resources toward participation. Please note this page tactical and to be used to determine where we put our resources. Members can add events for consideration of Kantara participation by editing the page (using their wiki credential) or contacting staff @ kantarainitiative.org. There is also a community calendar that lists group meetings as well as any, and all, events that touch the IdM/IAM spaces. The community and meeting calendar is not tactical but informational.
- Kantara Initiative is seeking to partner to plan a collaborative event around the RSA EU event this year in Amsterdam - October 29-31.
- Kantara Initiative Retreat: This event is planned for August 8-9, hosted by ForgeRock in their Vancouver, Washington offices. If you'd like to attend please send a note to the ED.