UMA F2F 2010-11-01
Date and Time
- WG F2F on Monday, 1 Nov 2010, colocated with IIW XI at 11am-5pm PT (time chart)
- No dial-in
- No telecon this week
- Boole room in the Computer History Museum
Let's meet 11am-1pm, then do a working lunch (order in pizza?), then finish with a long afternoon stretch.
- Let's use #umaf2f along with #iiw as hashtags for the day
- "IPR benediction"
- Identify note-takers
- Roll call
- Approve minutes of 2010-10-28 meeting
- Reminder of next week's telecon and time change (see Next Meetings below)
- Action item review
- Bounty program status
- Other updates from the wider UMA world
- Brief "UMA 101" session as necessary for newbies in the room
- User stories: add, review, prioritize, decide
- Resource/scope registration: go through latest proposal and issues and decide
- Fletcher, George
- Hardjono, Thomas
- Machulak, Maciej
- Maler, Eve
- Moren, Lukasz
- Charles Andres
- Alan Karp
- Henrik Biering
- Joseph Holsten
- Jeff Stollman
Thomas offered to be the notes-taker for for most of the day.
New AI summary
George: Write up "problem B" as a user experience description that can be turned into a user story.
Eve: Put the public-private continuum language and diagram into the Lexicon.
@@More TBS - figure out how to get all new user stories into place
Quorum not reached.
Approve minutes of 2010-10-28 meeting
Deferred due to lack of quorum.
Action item review
- 2010-08-26-6 Eve Open Ping Denise Tayloe of Privo to see if she has interest in taking custodian scenario forward.
- 2010-09-02-1 Thomas Open Categorize all existing scenarios by their distinctive aspects. We'll discuss this today and decide whether to change this one.
- 2010-10-07-2 Sal, Domenico Open Propose the next version of the trusted claims solution, making appropriate simplifying assumptions.
- 2010-10-28-1 Eve Closed Work with Sal and George to put together a set of flow options/user stories for review at the IIW F2F.
Bounty program status
Two indications of submission interest have been sent in so far. The deadline for submission interest is 11:59pm Pacific time tonight.
Other updates from the wider UMA world
User stories: add, review, prioritize, decide
We reviewed the new User Stories page. The page isn't very complete yet; Eve put in a sampling of user stories to test the columnal design, column sorting, and general "feel". Epics are tightly associated collections of stories; she has made epics all be in the "UX" category so that they focus on a human being's desire for some benefit. Some stories are "negative", in that they express some (typically malicious) entity's desired outcome that we want to avoid if at all possible.
It was observed that the stories zoom from high-level to low-level, and the "so that..." (motivation) portion of the descriptions could useful become more motivational and less technical/mechanistic even for the lower-level stories. Apparently the Ruby community likes to move the "so that..." portion earlier, in which case it would make sense to rephrase it as "in order to...". But since this is a fairly invasive change without obvious huge benefit we're likely to keep it in the current order.
Many new stories were suggested over the course of the rest of the meeting.