This page is a *Working Draft* subject to further revision and has not yet been approved by the Leadership Council.
(1) WG NAME (and any acronym or abbreviation of the name): The WG name, acronym and abbreviation must not include trademarks not owned by the Organization, or content that is infringing, harmful, or inappropriate.
Liberty Specification Maintenance, abbreviated as the LSM Working Group.
(2) PURPOSE: Please provide a clear statement of purpose and justification why the proposed WG is necessary.
The goal of the Liberty Specification Work Group will be to maintain the Lberty ID-FF, ID-SIS and IGF specifications such that they are a ubiquitous, interoperable, privacy-respecting Identity Layer for the Internet.. As this Work Group is scoped for maintenance the group will develop no new technical specifications. The group will develop errata where appropriate as driven by the Work Group members, members of other Kantara Initiative Work Groups or requested by the general public.
Specifically, the Liberty Specification Maintenance Work Group is responsible for:
- The maintenance of the Liberty ID-FF, ID-SIS and IGF Specification Sets through the development of errata as requested by members of the WG, other Kantara Initiative WGs, and/or members of the identity based developer community.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate relationships and liaisons with other Kantara Initiative Work or Discussion Groups and external bodies, as deemed appropriate by the Work Group.
The work of the Liberty Specification Maintenance Work Group will be conducted in accordance with the Kantara Initiative Operating Procedures.
(3) SCOPE: Explain the scope and definition of the planned work.
The title 'Liberty Specification Maintenance' refers to previously published Liberty specification with the EXCEPTION of the ID-WSF Specification Set. This group creates no new work ONLY errata to previously published specifications.
The Liberty Specification Maintenance Work Group is chartered to:
- Ensure that ID-FF, ID-SIS and IGF Specifications are technically sound by resolving any open issues with the development of errata documentation where deemed necessary and appropriate by the WG
- Reference technical work in external, vendor neutral industry groups and bodies
- Establish liaison relationships with appropriate external, vendor neutral industry groups and bodies to ensure Work Group requirements and specifications are understood, addressed and submitted to the appropriate Standards Setting Organization
- Strive to ensure that the work within the Work Group does not duplicate or conflict with the relevant work of other external, vendor neutral industry group and standards organizations.
(4) DRAFT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: List Working Titles of draft Technical Specifications to be produced (if any), projected completion dates, and the Standards Setting Organization(s) to which they will be submitted upon approval by the Membership.
Development of draft specificaitons is not in scope for this WG.
(5) OTHER DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS: Other Draft Recommendations and projected completion dates for submission for All Member Ballot.
Updates to Testing Procedures: ID-FF, ID-SIS and IGF Errata only
(6) LEADERSHIP: Proposed WG Chair and Editor(s) (if any) subject to confirmation by a vote of the WG Participants.
Prateek Mishra, Oracle
(7) AUDIENCE: Anticipated audience or users of the work.
Developers, deployers, vendors, service providers, identity providers developing Identity based Services in a Federated environment.
(8) DURATION: Objective criteria for determining when the work of the WG has been completed (or a statement that the WG is intended to be a standing WG to address work that is expected to be ongoing).
The Kantara Initiative Leadership Council charters the Liberty Specification Maintenance Work Group for two years. It may be amended from time to time, with changes approved by the Leadership Council. This charter will expire on January 1, 2012.
(9) IPR POLICY: The Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy under which the WG will operate.
(10) RELATED WORK AND LIAISONS: Related work being done in other WGs or other organizations and any proposed liaison with those other WGs or organizations.
An open source implementation for IGF has been built at http://www.openliberty.org as part of project Aristotle.
The OASIS Security Services Technical Committee maintains the SAML 2.0 specification set.
(11) CONTRIBUTIONS (optional): A list of contributions that the proposers anticipate will be made to the WG.
- Liberty ID-FF Specification Set
- Liberty Identity Governance Framework
- Liberty ID-SIS Specification Set (Services)
- SAML Conformance Testing Plan
(12) PROPOSERS: Names, email addresses, and any constituent affiliations of at least the minimum set of proposers required to support forming the WG.