Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 2 Current »

Attendees:

Voting Participants: Ken Dagg, Martin Smith, Mark Hapner, Mark King, Richard Wilsher

Non-voting participants: Jimmy Jung, Pete Palmer

Staff: Kay Chopard

Proposed Agenda

Administration:

  1. Roll call, determination of quorum
  2. Agenda confirmation
  3. Minutes approval - 2021-09-16 DRAFT Minutes
  4. Staff reports and updates
  5. LC reports and updates
  6. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews)

Discussion:

a.     New Zealand comments

 Any Other Business and Next Meeting Date

Meeting notes 

Administrative Items:

The meeting was called to order at about 1:05                                         PM (US Eastern).  Recording advisory given 

Roll was called. The meeting was quorate.

Minutes approval:  Mark King moved approval of the draft Minutes of the IAWG meeting of Sept 16. Mark Hapner seconded. The minutes were approved unanimously.

Staff reports and Updates:

Kay – Moving to Zoom soon, info next week. UK consultation comments–submitted and confirmed receipt. Thanks to Ken and other contributors. Have submitted a proposal to Paris-based consortium for managing assessments against slightly different framework. No idea of likelihood. Trying to look for other opportunities. 

LC reports and Updates:

Ken – Nothing much. New proposed WG to extend mDL Privacy Info DG. Probably J Wunderluck to chair. 

Ken invites tweets. 

Discussion:

Ken notes we are pending finalization of criteria. 

New Zealand Comments:

Ken – sent out revised draft yesterday, now displaying slightly updated version from that. Comments due 9-29. 

Updates: 

(1) scope of coverage.

(2) privacy centric vs. "respecting/preserving". PP likes "preserving". MS agrees, but is that the most common term these days. Ken says should be fine. Outcome 

(3) Term facilitator is not clear,.

(4) Cred risk is understood" – Idea is to put burden on issuer.  RW–maybe include idea of actually reducing risk. Ken will rework. 

(5)  "Participation is inclusive" –  Two comments. Admirable to be inclusive, but maybe government should help underserved. Also, not reasonable that every CSP issues to everyone. 

(6) Facilitation mechanism – Throwing a 

(7)  Correlation – COnsent 

(8)  No higher-level credentials to be used:  Ken – we find it unclear. MK-- also idea of it doesn't make sense. KD – but do we want to speculate. 

(9)  Correlation, persistent identifiers. – M King: seems OK. 

(10) Compliance and mapping – MK adds idea of NZ CSPs benefitting from mapping. 

Ken - thanks for input, will fix up and circulate. Does Kay want to submit to strengthen her contacts?  Kay - yes, thanks. 

Other Business:

MK: question on Indigenous and Ontario activity post-recent- govt reorg. Apparently have published something. Ken: will check to see if Kantara is mentioned. 

The next IAWG meeting will be Thursday, Oct 7 at 1pm EST to discuss status of open issues regarding the pending package of proposed criteria changes. 

Ken adjourned the meeting around 1:40 pm EST. 

  • No labels