Voting Participants: Ken Dagg, Martin Smith, Mark Hapner, Mark King, Richard Wilsher
Non-voting participants: Jimmy Jung, Pete Palmer
Staff: Kay Chopard
- Roll call, determination of quorum
- Agenda confirmation
- Minutes approval - 2021-09-16 DRAFT Minutes
- Staff reports and updates
- LC reports and updates
- Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews)
a. New Zealand comments
Any Other Business and Next Meeting Date
The meeting was called to order at about 1:05 PM (US Eastern). Recording advisory given
Roll was called. The meeting was quorate.
Minutes approval: Mark King moved approval of the draft Minutes of the IAWG meeting of Sept 16. Mark Hapner seconded. The minutes were approved unanimously.
Staff reports and Updates:
Kay – Moving to Zoom soon, info next week. UK consultation comments–submitted and confirmed receipt. Thanks to Ken and other contributors. Have submitted a proposal to Paris-based consortium for managing assessments against slightly different framework. No idea of likelihood. Trying to look for other opportunities.
LC reports and Updates:
Ken – Nothing much. New proposed WG to extend mDL Privacy Info DG. Probably J Wunderluck to chair.
Ken invites tweets.
Ken notes we are pending finalization of criteria.
New Zealand Comments:
Ken – sent out revised draft yesterday, now displaying slightly updated version from that. Comments due 9-29.
(1) scope of coverage.
(2) privacy centric vs. "respecting/preserving". PP likes "preserving". MS agrees, but is that the most common term these days. Ken says should be fine. Outcome
(3) Term facilitator is not clear,.
(4) Cred risk is understood" – Idea is to put burden on issuer. RW–maybe include idea of actually reducing risk. Ken will rework.
(5) "Participation is inclusive" – Two comments. Admirable to be inclusive, but maybe government should help underserved. Also, not reasonable that every CSP issues to everyone.
(6) Facilitation mechanism – Throwing a
(7) Correlation – COnsent
(8) No higher-level credentials to be used: Ken – we find it unclear. MK-- also idea of it doesn't make sense. KD – but do we want to speculate.
(9) Correlation, persistent identifiers. – M King: seems OK.
(10) Compliance and mapping – MK adds idea of NZ CSPs benefitting from mapping.
Ken - thanks for input, will fix up and circulate. Does Kay want to submit to strengthen her contacts? Kay - yes, thanks.
MK: question on Indigenous and Ontario activity post-recent- govt reorg. Apparently have published something. Ken: will check to see if Kantara is mentioned.
The next IAWG meeting will be Thursday, Oct 7 at 1pm EST to discuss status of open issues regarding the pending package of proposed criteria changes.
Ken adjourned the meeting around 1:40 pm EST.