|Connected Life Innovation Groups|
|ISIWG||2nd||Andrew Hughes (LC Chair)|
|FIRE WG||1st||Jim Kragh|
|FIRE WG||2nd||Mary Hodder|
|FIRE WG||3rd||Sal D'Agostino (LC Secretary)|
|FIWG||2nd||Walter Forbes Hoehn|
NOTE: As of March 2019 for calculation of quorum there are 7 Work Groups.
Agenda and Meeting Notes
- Agenda for this month's Leadership Council call:
- Organization updates
- Director's Corner
- Keeping up with the Kantarians
- Proposal to archive CMS WG and fold assets into ISI WG
- Sufficient votes for LC to take action - MOTION
- mDL WG (proposed) discussion
- Women in Identity project proposal and sponsorship
- New publication type
- Intellectual Property Rights Policy at Kantara- Discussion
- The IPR policy serves a few purposes
- It allows Group participants to confidently use the Group products with certain knowledge that other Group participants will not come after them for burdensome license fees or exert patents (see the policy document for exact details)
- It sets out the license terms for others to use the Kantara products
- So - if you are contributing into a Kantara WG, you are declaring that you will not take action against other participants
- If you are participating in other consortia then you can contribute your own intellectual property to that consortium even if you have contributed it to a Kantara WG - the IP is yours.
- However, you may not contribute a jointly-developed WG draft to the other consortium, because it cannot be licensed and also it contains other people's IP.
- Once a document is published by Kantara, it can be licensed by others - and the Kantara usage licenses are very light weight and allow easy consumption of Kantara publications - please feel free to promote use of Kantara publications.
- IPR issues when you get outside of a single WG activity (several current examples across WGs and some from WGs/Projects to external to Kantara)
- Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals - and why you should present about Kantara work!
- EIC - Event will be virtual
- ID North - No information
- Identiverse - Event will be virtual event
- Updates to LC Blog (ping!) https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=LC
- NIST Privacy Framework Contributions to the "Resources Page"
Draft minutes for approval:
2018-12-19 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-11-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-10-17 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-09-19 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-08-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-04-25 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-03-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-02-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-01-17 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT
"To approve listed meeting minutes"
|Executive Director and Staff Report|
Director's Corner: 2020: February, 2020: January, 2019: December, 2019: November
|LC Chair Report|
The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.
- The ISO ballot to start a new standards project for ISO 27560 "Privacy technologies – Consent record information structure" is open for a few more weeks.
|Proposals for new groups|
- Women in Identity will be proposing a new WG for a Code of Conduct on Diversity - hope to have draft charter ready for March LC call
- Mobile Driver's License WG proposal is seeking interested contributors - preferably organization working in the DL domain
- SAML 2.0 Interoperability Deployment - All Member Ballot PASSED
- At-large board seats open for nomination
|WG/DG Updates||20 minutes|
Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.
HIA WG -
- HIAWG Report on Design Goals approval ballot
UMA WG - .
- UMA WG working towards interoperability testing
FIRE WG -<<look for circulation drafts>>
IA WG -
ISI WG -
eGov WG -
FI WG -
- SAML Implementation profile
- Waiting for permanent URL information from WG before publication at Kantara
- With staff for publication
IDPV DG -
|Launching New WG/DG's|
|New publication type||5 minutes|
- Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents.
- Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
"The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.
A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the
best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."Ref: IETF BCP 9
|Action Items Review|
Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.
|Policies & Procedures update|
Operating Procedures have been updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.
New boilerplate templates for email ballots are here.
|Tips and Tricks|
|2020 Project Funding|
|Document repo/Publications Library|
List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org
|Meeting was not quorate and call was closed after 15 minutes.|