Status of Minutes
Approved at: 2019-12-12 Meeting notes (CR) DRAFT
- Jim Pasquale
- Lisa LeVasseur
- John Wunderlich
- Oscar Santolalla
- James Aschberger
- Mary Hodder
- Mark Lizar
- Nancy Lush
- Jan Lindquist
- Crt Ahlin
- Margo Johnson
- Vitor Jesus
- Sal D'Agostino
- Kantara Colin
- Tom Jones
- Julie Maas
- Harshvardhan Pandit (special Guest presenting DPV by the W3C)
Meeting was not quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - As of 2019-05-15 quorum is 6 of 11
(Voting participants are: Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C), John Wunderlich (VC), Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer, Paul Knowles, Lisa LeVasseur, James Aschberger)
- Please remember to update your entry on the Consent Receipts Implementations Page - this is a major landing point for external viewers and raises awareness of the CIS WG work and your product too
- Update on Charter refresh work Review doc in draft
- Discuss next steps for receipt specification
|2 mins||Motion to approve prior minutes|
MOTION: To approve all and any outstanding meeting minutes requiring approval.
ACTION: Andrew to update meeting minutes status as indicated.
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.
- MyData, Helsinki, September
- Discussion ongoing re finalization of the Charter - need to finalize soon so we can get on with activities, Where Lisa has the latest and Jim has suggested the two Leaders from both groups work the two charter retooling together at the next CMS LC call on 9/11
- Suggestion: Make one CISWG meeting per month dedicated to Demos plus updates from other related standards work
- To get inspiration from others, connect the dots
- General support for this idea!
- Motion: To schedule the 1st meeting of each month for demos and updates about other related work
- Moved: Lisa L
- Second: John W
- Discussion: none
- Motion carried.
- ACTION: All to send to CIS WG mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the intention to demo at next session - Chairs will schedule.
|0 min||News about new implementations||All|
- Overtaken by events - see action item about monthly meeting allocation for demos and related initiatives.
|1 min||Processing feature requests for v.next specification work||None this week |
|5 min||News and Happenings||Jim|
Harshvardhan Pandit presenting the W3C DPV to the group.
Here are the latest links from Harsh:
Additional meeting overlap from the CMS Group date time for the special presentation from Nancy Kim providing her perceptive on Consent from her new book “Consentability” to be held on Sept. 4th at 12:00 PM EDT using the CSM call-in details. Please get ahold of either Jm or Lisa LeVassseur for more information if you’d like.
|0 min||Demo status update||all|
Recording from Identiverse is now available - link to come soon (might only be available to conference attendees - will request a YouTube version from the organizers).
|0 min||Specification update approach|
See a flowchart version of this here:
|10 min||WG Charter Refresh||Chairs|
- Chairs have asked Lisa to assist Iain as an editor to move quickly to finalization
- Note that Consent Management Solutions WG charter update is hung up waiting for CIS WG charter update
- Need to understand what parts are covered in CIS WG and what parts are covered in CMS WG
- Lisa walked through the current Word document draft
- See the updates in the Word doc
- Lisa will look for diagrams showing the high-level 'information management' paradigm/framework.
- e.g. Authority to collect and process information; Processing information within the Authority; Modification of Authority
- e.g. Cross-cutting concerns from the OECD privacy principles (or similar) Accountability, Transparency, Choice, Control etc.
- e.g. On top of this matrix, Kantara can place the artifacts and discussion topics on the nodes - so 'Consent Receipt' is a transparency and accountability artifact in the Authority phase. and so on.
|15 min||Upcoming events update||All|
- Andrew gave an overview of the Consent 'make it happen' session at MyData
- Jan L is presenting on the Hyperledger Aries/Consent work - he will have a LIVE!!! DEMO!!! to show there
- Andrew will have a table at the 2x demo hour lunch sessions Thursday and Friday - to engage people to discover previously-unknown implementations and new ideas
- Lisa will be hosting a combined Me2B/VRM day on the Monday of IIW week
- Me2B is grappling with all the big chunks that are needed to get to 'trustable technology'
- The goal is to work on one of each of these every IIW
- First one for October 2019 is 'Ethical, Profitable and Fundable business models'
- Also will work on Me2B standards work face-to-face
*** Next call 2019-009-12 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time
- MOTION: To adjourn
- Moved: John
- Second: Mary
- Discussion: None