Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata



Status of Minutes


Approved at: 2019-12-12 Meeting notes (CR) DRAFT



  • Andrew Hughes
  • Jim Pasquale
  • Iain Henderson
  • Lisa LeVasseur
  • Mark Lizar
  • Oscar Santolalla
  • Mary Hodder


  • Crt Ahlin
  • Pierre Roberge
  • Alec Laws
  • Jan Lindquist
  • Sneha Ved
  • Craig Erickson
  • Chris Olsen
  • Colin Wallis
  • Keith Uber
  • Tom Jones


Quorum Status

Meeting was <<<not>>> quorate

Voting participants

Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 6 of 10 as of 2019-03-20

Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C), John Wunderlich (VC), Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer, Paul Knowles, Lisa LeVasseur

Discussion Items





4 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Status: Wiki refresh work
  • Status: Distribution-version of slide deck describing the work here (consent receipt today → personal data processing receipt tomorrow - or whatever we decide)
  • Review list of implementations
  • Demo status update and walkthrough
  • Spec v2
  • Status: DIACC Notice and Consent Overview comments
  • AOB

5 min
  • Organization updates

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.

  • Complete: IIW, Mountain View, California, April-May
  • EIC, Munich, May - member discount code available - PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE MEMBER PLENARY MEETING Monday May 13th 2019:
  • Identiverse, Washington, June
  • USENIX SOUPS '19 and PEPR '19 symposia August 11-13 Santa Clara, CA
  • MyData, Helsinki, September

Org status update

  • Colin at Connect:ID event
    • lots of engagement around the ID Assurance program / Trust Framework operations - high level of interest in getting approvals for 800-63-3
    • several orgs approaching for engagment on HealthIT assurance programs
    • mDL interest - with Secure Technology Alliance
  • ISO SC 27/WG 5
    • the WG 5 is very interested in Consent Receipts and Records
  • IIW update
    • High level of interest and actual implementations of consent receipts
    • Sphere Identity,, showed implementations of Kantara receipts
    • 1 large organization and 1 large consortium are on the path towards 'consent receipts' and were very interested to figure out how to work together with Kantara to make progress
    • We highlighted the concept of 'a secure storage place for people to keep their data receipts' - once this storage place is full of receipts, personal data receipt management software tools can be invented to work with that data to the benefit of the person
15 minv2 specification timelineAndrew
  • We have tentatively identified a PM for the v2 project
  • Tentative plan is to start a small team after EIC to collect up any and all requirements and requests for v2, 'normalize' the language, figure out a good approach for structural reform in order to support effective spec profiling, present back to the WG for prioritization and feedback. Then to produce a first cut Draft-0 of v2. 
  • After the Draft-0 is ready, it will be turned over to the WG for consensus-finding/editing.
  • Draft-0 should be sufficient for contribution into the ISO study period as a starting point
15 minDemo status updateall

15 minDIACC Notice and Consent docall

John W. is responsible for gathering and submitting comments from the WG. (2019-04-25)

  • Deadline is May 3 for comments

deferSpecification update approach

See a flowchart version of this here:

5 minAOB

Next meeting

*** Next call 2019-05-16 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time TENTATIVE due to EIC