Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>
- Tom Jones
- Derek Munneke
- Colin Wallis
- Peter Davis
Meeting was <<<>>> quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 9 as of 2018-07-12
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer
- event updates
- discuss Andrew's discussion papers about the road map
- discuss ideas for EIC May 2018 demo and other talks
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.
- Member plenary October 26 - update
- IIW 2018B - update
- CIAM World Europe - update
|30 min||Roadmap ideas for Kantara CIS WG products||All|
Continuation of the discussion about 'what should interoperate?'
Andrew has uploaded some material to help the discussion: Product Roadmap Ideas
Blog: Kantara Initiative Work Groups on Data Sharing and Consent
Mind map to go with the blog
Kantara consent high level use cases.pdf
|0 min||Interoperable Consent Receipt roadmap ideas||All|
From 2018-10-04 call:
- If the legitimate basis is not 'explicit consent' - but rather legitimate interest, is the concept of 'data receipt' still viable?
- Mark - yes, the current CR was designed to be not confined to 'explicit consent' - so yes, the receipt concept will work for other bases for processing
- in particular - for updates to privacy notices
- Mark Q: would it be interesting to have additional values for the 'consent type' field? A: YES!
- Jim: maybe this should go to the Consent Management WG?
- A lawyer at the Seattle event pointed out that it would be useful to capture the actual privacy notice that was agreed by the user.
- OpenConsent has an alpha product that might suit the purpose
- There is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed - and capturing the privacy notice won't actually help
- If there is a strong need for a high value receipt, then it would be very useful to capture the actual notice text
- So maybe the receipt could have optionality to allow for capture of the notice text.
- WG needs to take some time to discuss the UX - schedule it
- Tom has posted some examples that could be discussed
- Mark - OpenBanking has posted UX guidance
- Schedule specific multiple calls for this to discuss what the user should see, and how this translates into the 'receipt' concept
- Should this WG do a spec or guidance on UX or UI?
- Should this WG talk about what the 'receipt' means and / or represents?
- (YES to both question)
- Andrew: suggests first design call on Thursday October 18, 2019 and then every 4 weeks to be kind to the down-under-ers.
Iain: the highest value work item is the lexicon work
|5 min||Adding feature requests to next version of spec family||All|
|10 min||Product roadmap for the demo||All|
*** Next call 2018-11-08 10:30 am Eastern Standard Time / 15:30 GMT