Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>
- Sylvester Mbagwu
- Sal D'Agostino
- Richard Gomer
- Kartik Venkatesh
Meeting was <<<>>> quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 8 as of 2018-02-22
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.
Planning a Member Plenary meeting October 26-ish San Francisco (Friday after IIW)
|40 min||Interoperable Consent Receipt demo at MyData Conference||Andrew|
|Next meeting||2018-07-05 same time, same number|
- Discussed Kartik's v1 of the sequence diagram
- Park: the discussion about 'viewer/reader/dashboard' and the differences in functionality that those terms encompass
- Has anyone played with the 'sand' demo app? URLs to follow by email
- First part of the demo:
- Data Subject interacts with Organization A and as a result, a consent receipt is created and shown to the Data Subject. The consent receipt is stored in a place that is known to the Data Subject.
- Second part of the demo:
- Data Subject starts their preferred app which they normally use to view and manage their consent receipts and sees a list of consent receipts that are in the place referenced from the first part of the demo. Data Subject clicks the new consent receipt and the contents are displayed.
- ACTION: Mark/Sylvester to write functional descriptions of the 'viewer/reader/dashboard' concepts
From 2018-06-21 call:
- John walked through the draft scenario
- Mircea: why would the receiving org need to generate a new CR?
- A: Depends on the interpretation of Article 20 implementation
- Jim: digi.me's consent feature requires that the data processor notifies the user on downstream sharing
- Karik: Trunomi allows counterparties to be defined and data sharing rules defined up front. PSD2 scenarios - has 2 consents that are tracked - 3rd party doing payments on behalf and the financial institution
- ACH: Would it make sense to just do the simplest thing: one data controller mints a CR and a different org displays it.
- Richard: important to do display and that the back end system is following the CR instructions
- Jim: digi.me has started work to 'export' a CR artifact. The user might be notified of sharing event.
- John: starting to think that we should disconnect the demo scenario from any specific regulatory requirement - this should stay a technical demo
- Robert: agrees - show what you received is what was sent - and show multiple receipts that display in the same way
- ACH: related that people in unconference sessions are capable of imagining potential uses of CRs - we need to show the simplest functions
- Kartik: conceptually makes sense - questions on the details about how multiple platforms will play
- Mircea - need to decide on which systems take on what roles in the demo - which ones create CR, which ones consume & display
- Richard: in principle it is OK - what does it actually look like to a User - the UX and concept of a CR moving from one place to another - there is no metaphor for this yet
- Oscar: does not have viewer yet - so this would help to have some else's viewer to use
- Mark: is the CR moved directly by the back end or are the actions done by the User.
- ACH: has lined up a mobile operator as a issuer of CRs - but they have no viewer - they need the user to use someone else's viewer
- ACH: need to do a storyboard
- Robert: the metaphor should probably be the same as physical receipt management - one place to view them
- ACTION: Richard to sketch a story board for this
- ACTION: Kartik to ask questions around how consent management platforms - send to email - includes sequence diagram
- Mircea - is each consent receipt unique? and should it stay at the originator org? then the only thing transfered would be the CR id?
- ACTION: Jim - to list some of the high level activities that digi.me is undertaking
- Mark: OpenConsent is planning to have a Viewer by August
- Possible distinction: A Viewer - look at CRs one at a time. Dashboard - look at multiple CRs and act on them.
From 2018-06-14 call:
- Jim: any project wanting to participate in the MyData consent receipt interop demo - we need you do do a mapping against the CR fields - there is a spreadsheet!
- Need to ensure that the Use Case spotlights the user-centric approach. A motivator to show vendor-vendor interop is to demonstrate industry resilience.
- Since the CR will contain personal data (and probably sensitive data) we must avoid giving the impression that we are unware of risks and anti-patterns.
- There are 10 weeks remaining until presentation day!
- Next week's call:
- Confirm the high-level scenario for the demo
- Should this be limited to exchange of CRs? or showing data transfer that involves CRs
- Discuss and finalize a sequence/interaction diagram
- Confirm the CR-related roles required for the demo (Display-ers/dashboards, the Person, CR Issuers)
- Richard Gomer is committed to the project (per Chris ) - will have input into the UX issues
- The Consentua WebSDK demonstrator has embodied some of these concepts
- Pre-work assignments (due for distribution to the WG by Tuesday):
- John - will develop a draft sequence diagram
- Confirm the high-level scenario for the demo