Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2018-05-10

Status of Minutes

DRAFT

Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>

Attendees

Voting

Non-Voting

  • Mircea Patachi
  • Chris Cooper
  • Colin Wallis
  • Tom Jones

Regrets

Quorum Status


Meeting was not quorate


Voting participants


Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 8 as of 2018-02-22

Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla

Discussion Items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

4 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing

5 min
  • Organization updates
All

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.

EIC 2018 Munich May 15-18

  • Kantara AGM and Members Plenary Monday May 14
  • Kantara Showcase workshop May 15 morning
  • Consent mini-track Thursday May 17

IAPP Summit Canada May 24-25

  • John W. presenting Information Sharing Agreements / JLINC

Identiverse 2018 Boston June 24-28

  • Several consent-relevant sessions throughout the week
40 minMyData Conference - Interop track proposalJim
  • Andrew has created a project planning page for the MyData interop demo - for all related information
  • John has created MyData 2018 Interoperability Use Cases
  • Jim - meeting with digi.me product manager and CTO to discuss mapping the CR spec to product features and identifying potential gaps
  • At the conference, the session will be showing what we have built in advance
    • WG goal is to have demo finalized by early August
    • We need firm commitments by first call in June to participate and status update
    • ACTION: Andrew to set up a Trello board to track the project
  • John: Should we define the 'human readable' or core content of the CR in advance of talking with dev teams?
    • A: Yes - we should create a test harness to allow testing communications
  • ACTION: John to consolidate and post use cases material that has been submitted

AOB
  • Jim: digi.me has been working on / contributing to 'Internet of Me' publication on Medium. Proposing that Simon (editor) talks with others here to engage. internetofme.net
    • Colin: Kantara can assist

Next meeting
2018-05-24 same time, same number ** Note that EIC is on too

 

From 2018-05-03 call:

  • The proposal has been accepted!
  • Interested implementers:digi.me, JLINC, Consentua, Open Consent, UNLOQ
  • Possibly interested:iQuality
  • Mark: has been working on a GDPR extension for the CR. Building an alpha service to be ready for May 25.
  • Chris: need a standard on discovery of where CRs have been issued
  • Mircea: has a use case/scenario that we might want to demo
    • Transferability of consent along with data - e.g. if an event site wants to share attendee data with sponsors
    • Publisher and ad network - cookie consents
    • If we want to demonstrate CR interop, do we also have to show data portability?
  • Chris: Consentua's 1st concern for interop is to support data portability - will facilitate industry consolidation (eventually)
  • Jim: Directs everyone to connect with John Wunderlich who is assembling a use cases outline.
    • Firststep is to take a list of CR spec fields to do a 'feature support' listing from each of the implementers to allow mapping of implementations
  • Discussion around the IIW and MIT Hackfest GDPR cookies and the IAB EU - lots of interest and discussion about this - will continue to track it
  • Use case: When data is transferred from one party to another party should the user be notified every time? ever?
  • ACTION: Anyone interested in developing the use cases to connect with John Wunderlich


From 2018-04-26 call:

  • Call for ideas on what we might demo at MyData
  • Tom: maybe a rendering engine? Others noted that there is a prototype consent receipt generator that was built for a very early version of the spec - check here: consent receipt generator 
  • Andrew: how do we want to define "Interoperability"?
    • Is it system-system export-import of a receipt? from one organization to another? Round-trip?
      • The demo probably has to render the receipts to show the audience that something has happened
    • Is it consistent rendering of a receipt to users?
  • Jim: we should do minimum viable to demonstrate
  • Use case - Article 20: data portability with associate receipt transfers
    • App1 sends a receipt to App2 which parses it; App2 sends the same receipt back to App1 who compares it to the original receipt
  • ACTION: John to start the draft call to action