Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>
- Andrew Hughes
- Mark Lizar
- Jim Pasquale
- Mary Hodder
- Oscar Santoalalla
- John Wunderlich
Meeting was quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 8 as of 2018-02-22
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.
|10||Reports from IIW #26 Know ID Conference||All|
Discuss IIW happenings and things that might impact this WG
- Jim - big attendance - 2nd largest ever
- Lots of tracks, lots of actual building vs talking
- John - the CR artifact is being used (maybe not the precise CR v1.1, but the Receipt concept)
- JLINC is implementing one for linux journal - Doc is Editor in Chief now
- Jim (JLINC) and Victor (JLINC) presented at VRM day with Doc on implementing a Do Not Track term for Linux Journal.
- Andrew - ran a session on what a system that used CR as a message type might look like - small group, interesting discussion
- Also ran a session with Doc about how to embed better ideas around user consent and preferences into efforts by the IAB to collect consent and communicate it through the advertising networks.
- Good notes at User-Controlled GDPR Consent Cookie
- Know Identity Conference - Mary
- Colin moderated a panel with Mary, Andrew, other Kantara members talking about certification
|10||MyData Conference - Interop track proposal||Jim|
- Jim -proposal is going in to MyData for the Interop track (to Joss Hartford)
- discusseddigi.me creating an 'export' version of the CR artifact for the purpose of other systems 'importing' the CR artifact to demonstrate interoperability
- Working to find other companies to participate in this
- One discussion at IIW was that people might want a 'dashboard' to see their consents and connections etc.
- Mark -good first step towards interoperability (Andrew - yes - we need to show the interactive parts of interop)
- John - we should propose a business case to give context for this - like GDPR data portability? (Mark: maybe as Record Keeping?)
|10||EIC Award Submission||All|
Should we submit for the CR v1.1?
|10||Discussion about Chairs/Co-Chairs/Vice-Chairs going forward||All|
Call for nominations:
Jim Pasquale self-nominates as a Co-Chair for CIS WG to work on the 'interoperability of consent receipts'
John Wunderlich self-nominates as a Co-Chair
Andrew Hughes self-nominates as Vice Chair to support the work of the WG
Mark Lizar and Mary Hodder step down with the thanks of the WG
"Motion to approve Jim Pasquale and John as Co-Chairs of the CIS WG and Andrew Hughes as Vice Chair of CIS WG"
Moved by: Andrew Hughes
Seconded by: Mark Lizar
"Motion to designate Mark Lizar as a Liaison Officer for the CIS WG"
Moved by: Andrew Hughes
Seconded by: Jim Pasquale
Discussion: General comments of 'this is a good idea'
|10 min||Discuss 'next' work item for the WG||All|
Jim wants to present the digi.me perspective on possible new capabilities that the digi.me CTO would like to see
John: similar for JLINC - this might become a discussion about scope for v2.0 of the Receipt
From 2018-03-15 call:
- "Specification of Purpose" recommendation
- Chris -Consentua needs to see from this WG:
- Interoperability with digi.me - needs to see a plan about how we are doing interoperability
- Using a Consent Receipt that is created in one place and then used in another place to check consent to deilver advertising to the end user -Consentua is working with AdUnity on this
- Consentua needs to prove that they can read a consent receipt stored in another repository -a first step towards a unified view of a user's consents (one instantiation of this might look like a dashboard)
- Need to look at this from a business value point of view
- Mark is running a May 23 meetup in London-ish on consent interoperability
- Jim: the MEF is talking about 'Consent Messaging' (there will be a link to the webcast soon)
- Also there will be work that comes out of CR v1.1
- Watch for articles from IAPP about Consent
- Think about other blog ideas to work with IAPP on
April 26, 2018
- report outs from ISO SC 27 WG 5, IAPP, RSA
- to present the digi.me perspective on possible new capabilities that the digi.me CTO would like to see