Page tree

Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference

Table of Contents



DRAFT Meeting Minutes - IAWG approval required

Date and Time


  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval:
      1. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-04-07
      2. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-03-24
    4. Action Item Review (Action Items Log)
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Motion to approve charter
    2. Motion to approve statement of requirements
    3. Update on R&D program
    4. Update on privacy criteria
    5. Discussion of new ideas for DGs and WGs
  3. AOB
  4. Adjourn


Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-11-05, quorum is 5 of 9



Meeting achieved quorum




  • Scott shorter
  • Ken Dagg
  • Andrew Hughes 
  • Paul Caskey
  • Adam Madlin


  • Christine Abruzzi
  • Nagesh Gummadivalli 


  •  Ruth Puente


  • None


titleVoting Members for Cut/Paste
  • Ken Dagg (C)
  • Andrew Hughes (VC)
  • Scott Shorter (S)
  • Rich Furr
  • Paul Caskey
  • Devin Kusek
  • Adam Madlin
  • Richard Wilsher
  • Lee Aber


titleSelected Non-Voting members for Cut/Paste



Notes & Minutes


Minutes Approval

  1. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-04-07
  2. DRAFT IAWG Meeting Minutes 2016-03-24

Motion to approve minutes of 2016-04-07 and 2016-03-24 Andrew Moves to approve, .
Seconded: Adam and Paul Second
Motion Carried

Action Item Review

Staff Updates

  •  Ken: Kantara Inc is coming together nicely, finances are improving, members paying their dues. Request to be a non-profit will be submitted to IRS soon.
  • Andrew: transition is settling down on all fronts. Administrative details of transition to nonprofit status. Kantara will have a presence at IIW next week, at European conference in May and the cloud identity summit in June.
LC Updates
  • Andrew: working  on a  few fronts - ideas for new discussion groups and working groups, stoking the fire on innovation. Block chain, relying party, other topics.
  • Ken: briefed by legal counsel on how IPR can work for presentations. Will identity the IPR rules for the presentation to protect Kantara work.
Participant updates
  •  Intro to Nagesh: identity and access management background, working with Octave, extra time.



Scott moves the approved the IAWG charter draft as reviewed on today's meeting and submit to leadership council for review. Andrew seconds the motion.  With no further discussion the motion passes.


anyone with ideas for new groups should get in touch with Andrew Hughes 


we will start the process for a new version of the SAC - Richard Wilsher sent the lest editors version, will check that the change approved.  Half the meeting on new version of SAC next week.



Next Meeting

  • Date: Thursday, 2016-05-05
  • Time: 12:00 PT | 15:00 ET
  • Time: 12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT
  • United States Toll +1 (805) 309-2350
  • Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
    Skype: +99051000000481
    • Conference ID: 613-2898
  • International Dial-In Numbers