Kantara Federation Interop Teleconference
Date and Time
- Date: 30, May, 2013
- Time: 13:00 PDT | 16:00 EDT | X UTC | 22:00 CEST
- John Bradley, Ping Identity
- Rainer Hoerbe, Identinetics
- Scott Cantor, Internet2
- Colin Wallis, Internal Affairs, NZ Govt
- Nate Klingenstein, Internet2
- Administrative - roll call : Minutes from May 2
- Progress on the SAML test harness
- Consideration of OAuth 2.0 interop testing
- Kantara, OIX and other meta-data aggregator projects
- 2 out of 3 voting members - quorum reached
- May 2nd Minutes: Colin Moves, John Seconds
2. Progress on the SAML test harness
Rainer: hosting of SAML tests, repository deployed on private VM, agreed should be under Kantara's control, so need to migrate it someplace else
Question is whether to ask Kantara, or talk to Terena about it.
John: Politically should probably ask Kantara to do it, should talk to Andrew Hughes.
John: How does repo relate to Roland's work?
Rainer: designed a CL interface to generate Python test classes from repo database and exec test plans with those classes. Postponed a GUI front-end into June/July.
Django application to maintain the test information in the database.
3. Consideration of OAuth 2.0 Interop testing
John: yet to get serious work done on it, talking to Geant folks about adapting OIC tests to some kind of OAuth profile
4. Kantara, OIX and other meta-data aggregator projects
Leif, John, some others getting together in Maastricht to discuss plans for metadata infra. Recognition on commercial side that we need something done to scale. Commercial sector has different issues and roles for the parties that need to be examined. SAAS vendors beginning to explore what it might take to interop with federations like InCommon. More than metadata is involved in discussions, such as how accounts are handled, making things more dynamic, etc.
Scott: would a Ping-based federation service work with other impls?
John: Sure, we see both the need for making Ping Fed itself work better with metadata, but also making a service available for others. We have a widget for PingFederate that consumes metadata and updates the partner DB with info on entities, certs, etc.
Good discussions underway among Ping, Google, Salesforce, MS. Mix in OIX, OpenID Connect, account chooser / discovery issues, all of this is in the picture.
Colin: Any comments on Canadian Govt guidelines on Identity Assurance?
John: haven't read, will put on future agenda
- Date: Thurs, June 14, 2013
- Time: 13:00 PDT | 16:00 EDT | 22:00 CEST (Time Chart)
- Dial-In: +1-218-862-7200
NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.