This Work Group operates under the Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent & Copyright: Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to Reasonable And Non discriminatory (RAND) (HTML version). You can find any opt-outs on this page.
Home | FAQ | Protocol Spec | Trust Model Spec | Chat | Join | WG-UMA List | UMA-dev list → Join ← | List | Archive (Mailman) | Archive (Google) | Calendar
|On March 20, 2014, we held a free webinar, sponsored by CA Technologies, to share how UMA can help solve modern mobile/cloud access management challenges in the enterprise, beyond just the concerns that "Alice" might have as the "user" in user-managed access. You can find the slides and recording online. If you have questions, feel free to tweet us at @UMAWG!|
|title||Learn about UMA for the Enterprise|
We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
Here are the UMA Grant (PDF, HTML for deep linking) and UMA Federated Authorization Recommendations (PDF, HTML for deep linking). Don't miss the UMA2 masterclass delivered by two UMAnitarians at the Identiverse conference in Boston in June 2018 (slides and video). (The slides and video from the previous year's Authorization: Age of UMA session set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was also a big hit!) The Release Notes review all final UMA1-to-UMA2 changes. See also the UMA Implementer's Guide, our list of known Implementations, and discussions of Case Studies. Finally, see the detailed UMA Grant sequence diagram and FedAuthz sequence diagram.
The purpose of the UMA Work Group (charter) is to develop specs that let an individual control the authorization of data sharing and service access made between online services on the individual's behalf, and to facilitate interoperable implementations of the specs. Read the spec
test your interop
User-Managed Access (UMA) is an award-winning OAuth-based protocol designed to give an individual a unified control point for authorizing who and what can get access to their digital data, content, and services, no matter where all those things live. Read the specs, join the group, check out the implementations,
Follow us on Twitter – our handle is @UMAWG and we often use the hashtag #UMAWG. (Short – spread the word) Find us on Facebook too.
follow us on Twitter, get involved!
- March 29: Did you know there's an open-source Apache server plugin that supports UMA? Check it out on our Implementations page. Thanks to Gluu and its partners for making this plugin happen!
- March 23: On March 20, 2014, we held a free webinar, sponsored by CA Technologies, to share how UMA can help solve modern mobile/cloud access management challenges in the enterprise. You can find the slides and recording online. If you have questions, feel free to tweet us at @UMAWG!
- March 13: Interested to discuss implementations and interop, and take part in our interop activities? Join the UMA-dev list! (Note: We switched from Google Groups to a Kantara-native list.)
- March 6: Revision 09 of the Core spec is approved by the WG as our latest draft, and has been submitted as an IETF I-D revision!
- February 20: Our draft work on mapping UMA to the IDESG Healthcare Relationship Locator Service Use Case is now available from our Case Studies page. Especially if you're heading to HIMSS, don't miss it!
- October 31: Check out the "assembly cut" of the first UMA demo video here. Thanks to Dazza Greenwood for being our video producer!
- October 29: You can find refreshed UMA 101 slides here (PDF, PPTX).
- 10 Jun '21: Congratulations to the new leadership team members! Alec Laws (of Identos) is the Chair and Steve Venema (of ForgeRock) is the Vice-Chair. The WG extends its thanks to former Chair Eve Maler for her previous service as chair. Information about the entire leadership team is here.
- 20 Apr '21: You can get the latest and greatest UMA 101 presentation delivered by UMAnitarians Eve and George at IIW here.
- 3 Dec '20: The UMA Work Group is pleased to accept a new profile contribution (to be provided immently) related to UK Pensions Dashboards as shown on-screen at its meeting today. Read all about it on our updated Third-Party Profiles and Extensions page.
- 15 Oct '20: We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
- 1 Oct '20: WG chair Eve Maler presented UMA to the Decentralized Identity Foundation Secure Data Storage WG. Here are her slides.
- 22 Nov '19: There's a new implementation up on the Implementations page: PatientShare from Lush Group. It's also an implementation of the HEART profiles. Read all about it and check it out!