This Work Group operates under the Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent & Copyright: Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to Reasonable And Non discriminatory (RAND) (HTML version). You can find any opt-outs on this page.
Home | → Join This Group | Subscribe to the Mailing ← | List | Archive (Mailman) | Archive | (Google Archive) | UMA Calendar
|We'll be holding an UMA tweet chat, focusing on technical details (spec, implementation, interop, deployment), on Wednesday, February 8, 2012, at 9-10am Pacific time (time chart). Join us at that time by following the hashtag #umachat|
|title||UMA tweet chat #umachat|
We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
Here are the UMA Grant (PDF, HTML for deep linking) and UMA Federated Authorization Recommendations (PDF, HTML for deep linking). Don't miss the UMA2 masterclass delivered by two UMAnitarians at the Identiverse conference in Boston in June 2018 (slides and video). (The slides and video from the previous year's Authorization: Age of UMA session set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was also a big hit!) The Release Notes review all final UMA1-to-UMA2 changes. See also the UMA Implementer's Guide, our list of known Implementations, and discussions of Case Studies. Finally, see the detailed UMA Grant sequence diagram and FedAuthz sequence diagram.
- January 12: We'll be holding an UMA tweet chat, focusing on technical details (spec, implementation, interop, deployment), on Wednesday, February 8, 2012, at 9-10am Pacific time (time chart). Join us at that time by following the hashtag #umachat.
- December 14: Thanks to those who joined our public webinar on Wednesday, December 14, and especially to our sponsors, IEEE-ISTO and Edentiti! You can find the slides here, and the webinar recording here. (You may want to skip to the 5:30 mark; technical snafus marred the first few minutes.)
- August 16: Draft V0.6 of the Fraunhofer AISEC UMA implementation doc has been uploaded. See the Implementations page for details of various implementation efforts.
The purpose of the UMA Work Group (charter) is to develop specs that let an individual control the authorization of data sharing and service access made between online services on the individual's behalf, and to facilitate interoperable implementations of the specs.
We welcome your participation! Follow the links to join this group (read-write mailing list privileges) or subscribe to the mailing list (read-only).
Check out our specs, "UMA Explained" material, and implementation news.Follow the doings of the UMA group on Twitter – our handle is @UMAWG and we often use the hashtag #UMAWG. (You can mention http://tinyurl.com/umawg to take people back here.) Find us on Facebook too.
User-Managed Access (UMA) is an award-winning OAuth-based protocol designed to give an individual a unified control point for authorizing who and what can get access to their digital data, content, and services, no matter where all those things live. Read the specs, join the group, check out the implementations, follow us on Twitter, get involved!
The group is currently working on extensions to UMA V2.0.
The short link for this page is http://tinyurl.com/umawg.
- 10 Jun '21: Congratulations to the new leadership team members! Alec Laws (of Identos) is the Chair and Steve Venema (of ForgeRock) is the Vice-Chair. The WG extends its thanks to former Chair Eve Maler for her previous service as chair. Information about the entire leadership team is here.
- 20 Apr '21: You can get the latest and greatest UMA 101 presentation delivered by UMAnitarians Eve and George at IIW here.
- 3 Dec '20: The UMA Work Group is pleased to accept a new profile contribution (to be provided immently) related to UK Pensions Dashboards as shown on-screen at its meeting today. Read all about it on our updated Third-Party Profiles and Extensions page.
- 15 Oct '20: We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
- 1 Oct '20: WG chair Eve Maler presented UMA to the Decentralized Identity Foundation Secure Data Storage WG. Here are her slides.
- 22 Nov '19: There's a new implementation up on the Implementations page: PatientShare from Lush Group. It's also an implementation of the HEART profiles. Read all about it and check it out!