This Work Group operates under the Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent & Copyright: Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to Reasonable And Non discriminatory (RAND) (HTML version). You can find any opt-outs on this page.
Home | Intro | Join This Group | Subscribe to the Mailing List | Archive (Mailman) | Archive | (Google Archive) | UMA Calendar
|Thanks to those who joined our public webinar on Wednesday, December 14, and especially to our sponsors, IEEE-ISTO and Edentiti! You can find the slides here, and the webinar recording here. Stay tuned for details on a new webinar that will include a technical deep dive|
|title||December 2011 UMA Webinar|
|UMA2 has an active business-legal framework workstream|
The premise of the Work Group's report A Proposed Licensing Model for User-Managed Access is that UMA enables the individual to centrally manage access and use rights with respect to personal digital assets by converting permission tokens into machine-readable licenses. The group is working on a companion document that outlines a larger business-legal framework for achieving a wide variety of rights delegation use cases involving UMA technology.
Here are the UMA Grant (PDF, HTML for deep linking) and UMA Federated Authorization Recommendations (PDF, HTML for deep linking). Don't miss the UMA2 masterclass delivered by two UMAnitarians at the Identiverse conference in Boston in June 2018 (slides and video). (The slides and video from the previous year's Authorization: Age of UMA session set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was also a big hit!) The Release Notes review all final UMA1-to-UMA2 changes. See also the UMA Implementer's Guide, our list of known Implementations, and discussions of Case Studies. Finally, see the detailed UMA Grant sequence diagram and FedAuthz sequence diagram.
- December 18: Thanks to those who joined our public webinar on Wednesday, December 14, and especially to our sponsors, IEEE-ISTO and Edentiti! You can find the slides here, and the webinar recording here. Stay tuned for details on a new webinar that will include a technical deep dive.
- August 16: Draft V0.6 of the Fraunhofer AISEC UMA implementation doc has been uploaded. See the Implementations page for details of various implementation efforts.
The purpose of the UMA Work Group (charter) is to develop specs that let an individual control the authorization of data sharing and service access made between online services on the individual's behalf, and to facilitate interoperable implementations of the specs.
We welcome your participation! Follow the links to join this group (read-write mailing list privileges) or subscribe to the mailing list (read-only).
Check out our specs, "UMA Explained" material, and implementation news.Follow the doings of the UMA group on Twitter – our handle is @UMAWG and we often use the hashtag #UMAWG. (You can mention http://tinyurl.com/umawg to take people back here.) Find us on Facebook too.
User-Managed Access (UMA) is an award-winning OAuth-based protocol designed to give an individual a unified control point for authorizing who and what can get access to their digital data, content, and services, no matter where all those things live. Read the specs, join the group, check out the implementations, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, get involved!
The UMA Roadmap for 2016 guided the use cases and technical issues that the Work Group focused on in its UMA2 effort. You can find other drivers in the Work Group's original compendium of Scenarios and Use Cases, its Case Studies page, and its User Stories page.
The short link for this page is http://tinyurl.com/umawg.
- 22 Nov '19: There's a new implementation up on the Implementations page: PatientShare from Lush Group. It's also an implementation of the HEART profiles. Read all about it and check it out!
- 3 Oct '19: Chair Eve Maler and vice-chair Maciej Machulak have been re-elected to their positions for an annual term. See the Leadership Team page for a full list.
- 1 Oct '19: Did you know that the UMA Work Group has an active business-legal framework workstream in addition to a technical workstream? You can check out our latest notes here, and contribute by joining the group!
- 30 Apr '19: Chair Eve Maler presented an UMA 101 session at IIW 28 in Mountain View.
- 23 Apr '19: UMA was a big part of a two-hour HEART (Health Relationship Trust) webinar and workshop; you can view the YouTube recording here.
- 25 Mar '19: The contributed UMA2 specs were presented at the IETF 104 meeting, at the Monday OAuth WG session. You can see the presented slides and the video of the whole session.
- 22 Feb '19: Don't miss the latest updates to our Implementations page, which include a new implementation from IDENTOS.