Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>
- Jim Pasquale
- Andrew Hughes
- Lisa LeVasseur
- John Wunderlich
- Oscar Santolalla
- James Aschberger
- Mary Hodder
Meeting was quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - As of 2019-05-15 quorum is 6 of 11
(Voting participants are: Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C), John Wunderlich (VC), Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer, Paul Knowles, Lisa LeVasseur, James Aschberger)
- Please remember to update your entry on the Consent Receipts Implementations Page - this is a major landing point for external viewers and raises awareness of the CIS WG work and your product too
- Update on Charter refresh work Review doc in draft
- Discuss next steps for receipt specification
|2 mins||Motion to approve prior minutes|
MOTION: To approve all and any outstanding meeting minutes requiring approval.
ACTION: Andrew to update meeting minutes status as indicated.
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.
- MyData, Helsinki, September
- Save the Date September 4, 2019 Noon Eastern - Using the "CMS" GoToMeeting dial info
- presentation and deiscussion from Nancy Kim and Lisa - uses of the term 'consent' - Q&A from Nancy's publication 'Consentability'
- Discussion ongoing re finalization of the Charter - need to finalize soon so we can get on with activities
- Suggestion: Make one CISWG meeting per month dedicated to Demos plus updates from other related standards work
- To get inspiration from others, connect the dots
- General support for this idea!
- Motion: To schedule the 1st meeting of each month for demos and updates about other related work
- Moved: Lisa L
- Second: John W
- Discussion: none
- Motion carried.
- ACTION: All to send to CIS WG mailing list (email@example.com) about intention to demo at next session - Chairs will schedule.
|0 min||News about new implementations||All|
- Overtaken by events - see action item about monthly meeting allocation for demos and related initiatives.
|1 min||Processing feature requests for v.next specification work|
|5 min||News and Happenings||Jim|
Additional meeting overlap from the CMS Group date time for the a special presentation from Nancy Kim providing her perceptive on Consent from her new book “Consentability” to be held on Sept. 4th at 12:00PM EDT using the CSM call in details. Please get a hold of either Jm or Lisa LeVassseur for more information if you’d like.
|0 min||Demo status update||all|
Recording from Identiverse is now available - link to come soon (might only be available to conference attendees - will request a YouTube version from the organizers).
|0 min||Specification update approach|
See a flowchart version of this here:
|10 min||WG Charter Refresh||Chairs|
- Chairs have asked Lisa to assist Iain as an editor to move quickly to finalization
- Note that Consent Management Solutions WG charter update is hung up waiting for CIS WG charter update
- Need to understand what parts are covered in CIS WG and what parts are covered in CMS WG
- Lisa walked through the current Word document draft
- See the updates in the Word doc
- Lisa will look for diagrams showing the high-level 'information management' paradigm/framework.
- e.g. Authority to collect and process information; Processing information within the Authority; Modification of Authority
- e.g. Cross-cutting concerns from the OECD privacy principles (or similar) Accountability, Transparency, Choice, Control etc.
- e.g. On top of this matrix, Kantara can place the artifacts and discussion topics on the nodes - so 'Consent Receipt' is a transparency and accountability artifact in the Authority phase. and so on.
|15 min||Upcoming events update||All|
- Andrew gave an overview of the Consent 'make it happen' session at MyData
- Jan L is presenting on the Hyperledger Aries/Consent work - he will have a LIVE!!! DEMO!!! to show there
- Andrew will have a table at the 2x demo hour lunch sessions Thursday and Friday - to engage people to discover previously-unknown implementations and new ideas
- Lisa will be hosting a combined Me2B/VRM day on the Monday of IIW week
- Me2B is grappling with all the big chunks that are needed to get to 'trustable technology'
- Goal is to work on one of each of these every IIW
- First one for October 2019 is 'Ethical, Profitable and Fundable business models'
- Also will work on Me2B standards work face-to-face
*** Next call 2019-08-22 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time
- MOTION: To adjourn
- Moved: Jim P
- Second: Andrew
- Discussion: None
- Motion Carried