Voting participants: Ken Dagg, Martin Smith, Richard Wilsher, JJ Harkema
Quorum: 4 of 7. There was quorum
- Roll Call
- Agenda Confirmation
- Action Item Review: action item list
- Staff reports and updates - Keeping up with Kantara July 2019 and Director's Corner
- LC reports and updates
- Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #Kantara10)
a. IAF-1050 Glossary and Overview v0.7.0 and Disposition of Comments (Attached).
b. UK DCMS Call for evidence on Digital Identity
c. DIACC request for review and comment: PCTF Privacy Component Overview & Conformance Profile.
d. Criteria Guidance (Any participant suggestions for adding or enhancing guidance for understanding assessment criteria).
3. Any Other Business
- Emergence of the new FIRE (Federation Identity Resilient Ecosystem) WG, to carry on the work of the IDESG, whose assets transitioned to Kantara's Educational Foundation last year.
Kantara member Airside Mobile use Kantara's Consent Receipt specification: https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2019-7-23-Boeing-Introduces-Jeppesen-Mobile-QuickClear-Application-for-Pilots
IAF-1050 Glossary and Overview v0.7.0 and Disposition of Comments
- In relation to the comments received during the Public Comment Period that closed on July 5th, Richard said that the editors have indicated the action or non-action in the Disposition of Comments. He shared the Disposition of Comments and commented on each of the resolution, giving rationale for those comments that were rejected.
- Ruth added that the DoC is publicly available at the wiki and it will be shared with the commenters.
- Given the short timeframe for the IAWG to review the new version of the Glossary and Overview, Ken proposed to postpone the approval for the following meeting.
UK DCMS Call for evidence on Digital Identity
- Link to the document: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/818801/Digital_Identity_-_Call_for_Evidence.pdf
- Ken called for interest in working on a sub-group that will develop the response. He added that those who are interested to participate and comment should send him an email. During the meeting Pete has expressed interest to join the sub-group.
- Deadline to submit responses: Sunday 15th September 2019 11:59pm BST
DIACC request for review and comment: PCTF Privacy Component Overview & Conformance Profile
- Ken introduced the new drafts recently released by DIACC, the Pan-Canadian Trust Framework (PCTF) Privacy Component Overview & Conformance Profile.
- He said that he will start working on an initial set of comments into the DIACC spreadsheet and will circulate it for IAWG review.
- DIACC request for comments: https://diacc.ca/2019/08/05/privacy-overview-conformance-discussion-drafts/
- Deadline for comments: September 5, 2019 at 23:59 PST
- The plan is to discuss the initial comments on Thursday, August 22.
- Ken commented that he will follow up with NIST about the IAWG comments on 800-63-3.
Any Other Business
- Martin pointed out that the new FIRE Charter has potential relationship to IAWG of their planned work on the Registry, assessment criteria for IDEF V.x, and the idea of a healthcare "profile" of IDEF (joint FIRE/HIAWG project), which would presumably also have assessment criteria. Also, he provided some updates on HIAWG, including the planning for a national unique healthcare identifier and the new HIAWG Charter that will be submitted to LC within the month.
- Richard commented that there are some CSPs interested on FAL2 (63C Federation and Assertions https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-3/sp800-63c.html), thus we should start considering to develop criteria for it.