Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Attendees

VotinG

  • Jim Pasquale
  • Oscar SantaolallaOscar Santolalla
  • John Wunderlich 
  • Mark Lizar
  • Iain Henderson

...

Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 6 of 10 as of 2019-03-20

Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C), John Wunderlich (VC), Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santaolalla, Richard Gomer, Paul Knowles, Lisa LeVasseur

Discussion Items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

4 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Discuss next steps for v2 specification
  • AOB
    • Current Atmosphere Issues and Concerns
      • Someone or a number of people need to step up to be recording secretaries
      • Jim and John need to be more active running meetings on ad-hoc bases. Removing the burden of Andrew always having to do it all. Andrew is the Leading and we need to support him. 


5 min
  • Organization updates
All

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.

  • Identity North, Toronto, June
  • Identiverse, Washington, June
  • USENIX SOUPS '19 and PEPR '19 symposia August 11-13 Santa Clara, CA
  • MyData, Helsinki, September
25 minCurrent under towJim
  • Project page is here
  • We have identified a PM for the v2 project - Kate Downing
  • The tentative plan is to start a small team after EIC to collect up any and all requirements and requests for v2, 'normalize' the language, figure out a good approach for structural reform in order to support effective spec profiling, present back to the WG for prioritization and feedback. Then to produce a first cut Draft-0 of v2. 
  • After the Draft-0 is ready, it will be turned over to the WG for consensus-finding/editing.
  • Draft-0 should be sufficient for contribution into the ISO study period as a starting point
  • ACTION: All to write up their use cases for analysis Pushed to next call

2019-06-06 notes: Thanks to Crt for recording them

  • We cannot continue as an organization with the current attitude and atmosphere.
  • We need to be open and maybe compromise to get to the next steps.
  • All requirements from other efforts and initiatives should be coming to us as Kantara group expanding on the currently deployed CR implementations for the WG group to consider are they extensions or part of the spec.
  • What are the real need needs for the next version of the consent receipt? With backwards compatibility in mind.
  • And allowing for extensions and modifications to make the CR better and more useful as a legal representation of an event.
  • Demoing of products started so we can start thinking outside our boxes as companies.
  • Consent would never get good traction if we do not offer an individual a single view over his consentstheir consents in a simple easy to see and visualize manner.
  • Special - horizon 2020 project; data privacy control vocabulary
  • Mark: Observed that the v1 WG team discussed many features - some are strongly-held - should have ground rules for this project
  • James Aschberger from One Thing Less holds a point-of-view from there experiences during their pilot phase is even with the focus on the individual, the value proposition for organizations to provide consent receipts must be convincing and simple to implement. Most likely this has to be a combination of carrot-and-stick elements, hoping the WG can discuss this in one of the future calls.



10 minDemo status updateall


5 minDIACC Notice and Consent docall

John W. is responsible for gathering and submitting comments from the WG. (2019-04-25)

  • Deadline is May 3 for comments

https://diacc.ca/2019/04/03/notice-consent-overview-conformance-discussion-drafts/

0 minSpecification update approach

See a flowchart version of this here:

https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/b-DWOcuKGnVY1PXBKXTpL0-DQOeqmZMGfGUAPiC5

5 minAOB
  • Blinding Identity Taxonomy updated - Paul has refined with Hyperledger teams - will be submitting updates 
    • Proposed to collect proposals for combinations of non-PII data elements that could be considered to be PII - vetting and posting it up for external reference

Next meeting

*** Next call 2019-06-06-13 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/323930725



...