NOTE: As of February 2018 for calculation of quorum there are 8 Work Groups.
- Agenda for this month's Leadership Council call:
- Member/Participant meeting on October 26 - what will we work on?
- Reminder to update/re-confirm charters and leadership elections
- Need to fill one seat to join Ken Dagg to represent Members on the Kantara Board - must be an active Chair/Vice
- Your workplans work plans for 2019 - what will your Group deliver?
- WG/DG that need to be closed/archived/paused
- IDESG / IDEF Charter Status
- New work proposals from Andrew
- ID Proofing/verification use cases
- Consumer-facing trustmark concept for IDEF trustmark
- Upcoming conferences and speaking proposals
- ID North
Draft minutes for approval:
2018-04-25 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-03-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-02-21 Meeting notes DRAFT
2018-01-17 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-12-20 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-11-15 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-10-18 Meeting notes DRAFT
2017-08-16 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-05-17 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-03-15 Meeting Notes DRAFT
2017-01-18 Meeting Notes DRAFT
"To approve listed meeting minutes"
|Executive Director and Staff Report|
Director's Corner: 2018: September
Keeping up with Kantara: 'Keep up with the Kantarians' email blasts
|LC Chair Report|
The Kantara Initiative is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization and good practice.
|Member meeting October 26 2018|
From 2018-08 call:
- 3 hours in San Francisco, Friday after IIW
- Discussion about requirements for data porting from one provider to another - possibly in reaction to the "Data Portability Project" of Google/MS/Twitter/others
- Scott Ferman - responsible for the Forgerock Demo platform - a 'real' UMAnitarian - might be interested in attending. Also someone from Eve's team.
- Maybe UMA interop for conformance testing? (Gluu, Forgerock, WSO2, KeyCloak, other HEART/Healthcare-focused)
- Possibly Consent Receipt topics (next version of schema, develop next demo)
- Graph models for relationship expression? UMA business relationship graphs/design patterns?
- Colin has opened registration for the October 26 2018 event
- ACTION: Andrew to create an agenda for the Plenary & share it
- Possible "Personal Information Protection Company" (PIPC) pilot discussion (David Thelander)
- A joint WG piece of work
- Discussion on how to align or unify WG activities
- Discussion on a "Product Roadmap" for 'Consent'
- Assurance: roadmap discussion on IAF, IDEF, Privacy assurance
- e.g. a new DG about how IAF and IDEF inter-relate
- How to engage with Consumer Reports (Privacy & Security ratings)
- Evolution/roadmap of conformity assessment program
- The IDEF charter looks very broad
- Conformance testing
- Gluu has done some interop testing with KeyCloak - very useful
- Gluu is reaching out to WSO2 who is now out of beta
- Eve anticipates that more 1:1 matrix testing will occur in 2018 - leading to more formal testing program in 2019
- (sidebar) Korea / KISA is interested in UMA conformance testing - we need to find out what deployments exist
- The "Blinding Identity Taxonomy" - Paul Knowles - discussion on how to integrate it / support it
- PIPC - digi.me has been talking with Whimsical / Walt (wallet) - they might be interested
|IDESG / IDEF Charter status||'Adoption' theme for 2019|
- Draft Charter exists for the IDEF WG but no real driving force behind it
- IDEF Trustmark holders - only one is positively confirmed to continue using the mark
- Andrew and Colin discussing with the 'Agile' group about their charter to improve the Registry product
- Andrew has proposed that the IDEF Trustmark could be presented as a consumer-facing product that companies who have attained the Kantara 800-63 trustmarks.
Administrative Reminders/Requests: Please ensure your WG and DG charters are reasonably current. These are supposed to be reviewed annually.
IRM WG - Stalled.
OTTO WG - Looking for adopters. Mike's book covers OTTO use cases. There is some interest - keep the group open for now.
UMA WG -
BSC DG - Should be archived - no further work planned.
IA WG -
CIS WG -
Consent Solutions WG -
eGov WG -
FI WG -
- IDoT DG - needs a new leader
|Launching New WG/DG's|
|New publication type|
- Andrew proposes to define a new type of Kantara publication: the 'Best Current Practice' Recommendation. This would follow the same intent as with IETF BCP documents.
- Currently the publication type: 'Recommendation' has sub-types of 'Recommendation' and 'Technical Specification'. The 'Best Current Practice' would become a third sub-type.
"The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.
A BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the
best way to perform some operations or IETF process function."Ref: IETF BCP 9
|Action Items Review|
Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.
|Policies & Procedures update|
Operating Procedures are being updated to match the current version of Bylaws. Some streamlining and addition of document publication procedures is being done as well.
New boilerplate templates for email ballots are being created.
|Tips and Tricks|
|2019 Project Funding|
|Document repo/Publications Library|
List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org