Child pages
  • DRAFT 2018-10-17 Meeting notes

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Date

2018-0910-1917

Status of Minutes


DRAFT

Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>

...

  1. Call to order
    1. Roll Call & Determination of quorum status
    2. Agenda bashing
    3. Kantara Organization updates 
  2. WG MotionsKen Klingenstein on lessons learned from Consented Attributes Release project
  3. Discussion 
  4. Upcoming conferences and events
  5. All Other Business (AOB)
  6. Adjourn



Attendees

Voting

  • Corné van Rooij
  • Jim Pasquale
  • Andrew Hughes

Non-Voting

  • Chris Cooper
  • David Turner David Turner
  • Chris Olsen
  • Sal D'AgostinoKen Klingenstein

Regrets

  • Corné van Rooij
  • Jim Pasquale

Quorum Status


Meeting was <<<>>> quorate


Voting participants

Participant roster (CMS) - Quorum is 4 of 6 as of 2018-04-02

...

Time

Item

Who

Notes

5 min
  • Call to order
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Organization updates
Chair



5 minWG Motions
Quorum required 
Chair

Moved by:

Seconded:

Discussion:

Result:


5 min

Introductions

All

Welcome!

20 minConsented Attribute Release lessons learnedKen Klingenstein
  • Looking into use of OIDC Dynamic client registration & how that intersects with CAR
  • Dealing with optional v mandatory attributes
  • Standard APIs for consent? Compare the ones that are in the platforms today (can APIs be copyrighted)?
  • Need for a citizen-centered taxonomy of Purposes
  • Need more feedback from regulators about definition of Legitimate Interest
  • Kantara should work on alignment between work groups
20 min10 minUpdate on W3C workshop on User Consent and Permissions September 26, 2018Andrew

https://www.w3.org/Privacy/permissions-ws-2018/schedule.html


FYIDiscussion on document draftingAll

The draft is in a Google doc - feel free to comment - Chairs and Editor will control acceptance of material.

  • Set a deadline for our work - EIC Munich in May
  • Need to refocus on working in small teams on specific subjects
  • Corné will start with 2 streams: BP-1 (Consent Definition) and BP-2 (Privacy Notice)
    • Looking for writing partners to build content
  • Other streams:
    • CR-1 Existing Regulations
    • BP-3 (Consent Need) is an active area for discussion
  • ACTION: Corné to send a notice to the WG to ask for colloboration assignments
  • We need to ensure that we collaborate with the Consent & Information Sharing WG - they discuss similar/same topics


Discussion about the draft Introduction (Jim):

  • The document should be "instructions" for organzations who want to do the "right" thing in relation to consent management ("What to do")
  • The document also should make the case for why "right" consent management is a good idea and beneficial for organizations and people. ("Why do it")
    • Not only for regulatory compliance - there are reasons to do this the "right" way that benefit people and organizations
  • Need to touch on lifecycle and supply chain aspects of data management
FYIDiscussion on the Interview QuestionsAll

The first draft of the interview questions is in a Google doc - please comment.

5 minUpcoming conferences and eventsAndrew

Events that Kantara will have an active role: https://kantarainitiative.org/events/

  • Kuppinger Cole CIAM World Tour Seattle & Amsterdam
  • IIW 2018B
5 minAOBChairDiscussion on decentralization, control and identity!



AdjournChair

Next WG meeting Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:00 Eastern Daylight Time / 15:00 BST

...