You'll see a lot of changes in the coming months - a new, simpler membership structure, refreshed ByLaws and Operating Procedures to support a refreshed IPR policy, and announcements about new conformity assessment specifications to deliver our mission to the new emerging standards supported by refresrestructured memberhWe are receiving a lot of interest in Consent Receipt and UMA as tools in the GDPR compliance arsenal right now. And interest in our conformity assessment program for Identity Assurance that is currently deployed just in the public sector but has so much potential in the private sector. There are not many open platforms to develop industry specifications and frameworks and none as accessible as Kantara's. That capability is at the center of Kantara's value to the industries and communities it serves. Take a deep breath - the 2017 conference season about to descend on us. Let's embrace all it has to offer and in turn promote the principles that we believe in and regulations that will underpin so much of future online experiences.
It's big, it's bold - it's 2017 .
Around the Houses:
- We have some racy new badges, device stickers and , Kantara flyers and slide deck ready to go for 2017. To Members in good standing that are holding an event where Kantara and its assets are being presented, please to email email@example.com to take some to distribute.
- The WGs and DGs of Leadership Council now operate a blog, so you can read what's going on in groups you are not regularly attending. See it here
- ID Pro DG work is progressing well with the Code of Conduct project stream complete. The making good progress with Membership/Services and Governance project streams still have a ways to go. Most of all, ID Pro needs founder seed funding to begin to fulfill its own Mission and Vision while being incubated at Kantara. If . Those things need to take shape fast now, as corporate interest in becoming founding members with requisite seed funds support was very much in evidence at RSA. We have 3 large well known corporates interested in supporting ID Pro as founding members. We need 3 more to make it happen. If your organization wants to be acclaimed as a founding member of a new Association of Digital Identity Professionals, please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you have opted to receive news from Kantara or following us on twitter @KantaraNews you'll know that the Consent Receipt is out for The Consent Receipt 45 day Public Review here . We expect the final V1.0 to be published sometime in March.finished on February 20th with a good bunch of comments from across the globe. Voltage Gate's David Turner is in the editing chair and is preparing the disposition of comments for Consent and Information Sharing Work Group to review and during March.
- The Identity Assurance Working Group is reviewing the officially published 800-63-3 draft and preparing a further round of comments to augment those submitted on the GitHub pre-release in the summer.
- The Identity Relationship Management Working Group are poised to vote through their draft 'Refining the Design Principles of Identity Relationship Management' Report as a follow up to its initial 'Principles' report that attracted worldwide attention. I'm sure this one will too.
- The eGovernment Working Group is poised to vote through its draft interim report 'Code of Conduct for Relying Parties' to support the Identity Assurance porgram and future conformance assessments.
- As always if you have a query or question, staff are only too willing to assist. Email them on email@example.com
Events: See them here! https://kantarainitiative.org/calendars/
- One of the main themes coming from the Membership Survey in December was to increase our networking and social activities. We listened and acted upon that sentiment. Accordingly you have been notified of 'Breakfast with Kantara' at RSA in San Francisco, with a members only 'friends and family' evening event co-hosted in conjunction with our close liaison and friend IDESG. A social event is planned for the TIIME conference in Vienna the following week. Stay tuned for more social events in May folks!Next up is the KYC conference in London in March, then IIW and EIC in May, along with other more local and regional events along the way. And we are quietly working on something very special for September. So don't leave your summer vacation too late please folks..