Overview of the intended outcomes of the WG
|Corné||15 min||Discussion on approach, sources, work packages, etc||Corné||Walkthrough of the work streams|
Discussion on approach, sources, work packages, etc
- Corné walked through the current version of the powerpoint deck
- Starting with Stream BP-2 "Privacy Notice & Consent"
- Begin with GDPR and PSD2 as a starting point
- Cover Legal, Technical and User communication (UI/UX) aspects
- ACTION: ALL to make screen shot walkthroughs of their products to show how they interact with users. Andrew to create a wiki page for uploads.
- ACTION: Agenda item: look at iWelcome and digi.me walkthrough
- Question: Will this WG require the use of specific terms such as "PII"? Or is there more flexibility allowed in this WG?
- Discussion: The objective of this WG is to collect and document the practices of leading organizations. This will mean that many different choices for terms will be collected. If the WG decides that we should give guidance on 'preferred' terms, then we will do that at the right time.
- ACTION: WG Leads: Solicit contributions from organizations with consent management flows.
- Request should be for screenshot walkthroughs so that the WG can drill deeper as needed.
- Question: What about API implementations? A: These will fit into the 'technical' aspects - please contribute
- Note: Kantara has a Liaison WG that actively communicates with ISO SC 27 WG 5, for ISO 29184 and other standards work. This WG has the opportunity to contribute and influence the ISO work.
- Corné will circulate a draft Table of Contents for the Best Current Practices document in time for next WG call.
- Comment: The topic of 'trust' is not obvious in the slides - for example trust marks, consumer acceptance, and so on.
- Comment: Consumer trust in 'Brand' and reputation systems are an important source of consumer trust as it relates to informed consent. Kantara intends to develop a trust mark for this work - but that is not the only source of trust that we need to consider.