This Work Group operates under the Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent & Copyright: Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to Reasonable And Non discriminatory (RAND) (HTML version).
Home | FAQ | Protocol Spec | Trust Model Spec | Chat | Join | WG-UMA List | UMA-dev list | Archive (Mailman) | Archive (Google) | Calendar
|On May 14, 2014, UMA won an award for innovation in information security at the European Identity Conference! We thank the EIC organizers for this honor, and the Kantara Initiative for its support of our efforts – and offer congratulations to all the UMAnitarians. Joni Brennan of Kantara kindly accepted the award on behalf of the UMA WG, and you can see two members of our leadership team, Maciej Machulak (vice-chair) and Domenico Catalano (graphics/UX editor), above. See more news on Twitter by following @UMAWG and #EIC14!|
|title||UMA wins an award at the European Identity Conference!|
|V0.9 enters public review; interop planned|
The three main UMA Version 0.9 specifications – UMA Core, OAuth Resource Set Registration, and UMA Claim Profiles – are out for a 45-day public review period ending September 6 at 17:00 Pacific time. This review is in preparation for advancement of these specs as Kantara Initiative Recommendations. If you have specification comments or IPR review comments, be sure to following the commenting instructions. The UMA group will also be holding a virtual and in-person interop testing event during the week of IIW XIX (Oct 28-30). To find out more, subscribe to the UMA-dev list.
|May 29: The work group held a vote to reconfirm its leadership team, including Eve Maler, Maciej Machulak, Thomas Hardjono, Domenico Catalano, and Dazza Greenwood. Thanks to the team and the entire WG for their ongoing work! You can see the roster on the Leadership Team page|
The purpose of the UMA Work Group (charter) is to develop specs that let an individual control the authorization of data sharing and service access made between online services on the individual's behalf, and to facilitate interoperable implementations of the specs. Read the spec, join the group, check out the implementations, test your interop, get involved!
Follow us on Twitter – our handle is @UMAWG and we often use the hashtag #UMAWG. (Short The short link for this page is http://tinyurl.com/umawg – spread the word.) Find us on Facebook too.
News:June 19: We held a well-attended free webinar on UMA and Personal Clouds today! Slides are up here and the recording is here.June 3: Group chair Eve Maler is presenting on UMA for the Enterprise at the Kantara workshop at the IRM Summit. You can see the slides here (they're similar but not identical to the March webinar slides).
- June 24: The three main UMA Version 0.9 specifications – UMA Core , OAuth Resource Set Registration , and UMA Claim Profiles – are out for a 45-day public review period ending September 6 at 17:00 Pacific time. This review is in preparation for advancement of these specs as Kantara Initiative Recommendations. If you have specification comments or IPR review comments, be sure to following the commenting instructions.
- June 24: Check out the latest entry on our Case Studies page: an industrial IoT authorization case study submitted by Intel. In the new Internet of Things, refrigerated shipping containers are resource servers and ships are clients.
- June 24: The UMA group will be holding a virtual and in-person interop testing event during the week of IIW XIX (Oct 28-30). To find out more, subscribe to the UMA-dev list.
- May 14: UMA was one of the recipients of a European Identity Conference award today! Find the news on our Facebook page (and "like" us while you're at it).
- March 29: Did you know there's an open-source Apache server plugin that supports UMA? Check it out on our Implementations page. Thanks to Gluu and its partners for making this plugin happen!
- March 23: On March 20, 2014, we held a free webinar, sponsored by CA Technologies, to share how UMA can help solve modern mobile/cloud access management challenges in the enterprise. You can find the slides (also on SlideShare) and recording online. If you have questions, feel free to tweet us at @UMAWG!
- March 13: Interested to discuss implementations and interop, and take part in our interop activities? Join the UMA-dev list! (Note: We switched from Google Groups to a Kantara-native list.)
- March 6: Revision 09 of the Core spec is approved by the WG as our latest draft, and has been submitted as an IETF I-D revision!
- February 20: Our draft work on mapping UMA to the IDESG Healthcare Relationship Locator Service Use Case is now available from our Case Studies page. Especially if you're heading to HIMSS, don't miss it!
- October 31:Check out the "assembly cut" of the first UMA demo video here. Thanks to Dazza Greenwood for being our video producer!October 29: You can find refreshed UMA 101 slides here (PDF, PPTX).
| || |