Kantara FIWG Teleconference
|Table of Contents|
Date and Time
- Date: 07, February, 2013
- Time: 13:00 PT |16:00 ET
- John Bradley, Ping Identity
- Keith Uber, (Ubisecure)
- Scott Cantor, Internet 2
- Rainer Hoerbe, KisMed Austria
- Matt Tebo, Protiviti
- Colin Wallis, Internal Affairs Dept, NZ Government
- Jordan Packham, Protiviti
- Andrew Hughes (staff)
- Administrative - roll call : Minutes from Jan 10 ;Election of Officers
- FEDLab SAML tests update
- Federated Interop patterns
- Kantara, OIX and other meta-data aggregator projects.
- Your agenda items
1. Administrative - roll call
- Non Quorate call (noting that voting members (Anil J, Mary R, Hank M) with persistent non attendance will be dropped)
- Jan 10 Minutes: Moved Rainer, Seconded Nate
- Nate and Alan nominated as Co-Chairs, John B nominated as Chair. Action: John to talk to Heather to put call for vote
2. FEDLab SAML test harness update - -
- RH worked with Roland to update Test Harness doc (back end).
- RH worked with Andreas on the GUI front end management tool
3. Federated Interop Patterns
The group discussed RH's Fed Interop patterns doc submitted and had got considerable comment:
Matt: Need a Privacy Layer
Keith: Need a Attribute Authority/Provider (in SAML Attribute Query) Actor as a sub set of IdP actor
Matt: Or is it FO-FO? (John) It is generically called Attribute Provider rather than Attribute Authority.
?: What about a Consent Service Provider as an additional Actor?
Keith: Add Discovery Service as a new Actor
Rainer: Rename Legal to Legal and Contractual Layer for clarity
4. Kantara, OIX and other meta-data aggregator projects
Matt: PKI vs meta data - pros and cons. Typically PKI is favored by govt and MD is favored by Higher Ed. Mapping is hard and enforces arbitrary decisions like MD at LoA 1,2,3 but not 4. PKI at LoA 3.5 and 4.
?: Where is Kantara and OIX in the Trust Framework business. (John): Kantara is not a federation in that it doesn't necessarily represent those that are certified by it. OIX is a kind of federation because its members are represented. But Certification not done at OIX (beyond LoA1)
7. Your Agenda items
None raised..and no more call time left.
- Date: Thurs 21st, Feb, 2013
- Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | (Time Chart)
- Dial-In: +1-218-862-7200
NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.