UMA telecon 2021-12-02
Date and Time
- Primary-week Thursdays 06:30am PT; Secondary-week Thursdays 10:00am PT
- Screenshare and dial-in: https://zoom.us/j/99487814311?pwd=dTAvZi9uN0ZmeXJReWRrc1Zycm5KZz09
United States: +1 (224) 501-3316, Access Code: 485-071-053
- See UMA calendar for additional details: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Calendar
- Approve minutes of UMA telecon 2021-09-09, UMA telecon 2021-09-16, UMA telecon 2021-09-23, UMA telecon 2021-09-30, UMA telecon 2021-10-14, UMA telecon 2021-10-21, UMA telecon 2021-10-28, UMA telecon 2021-11-04, UMA telecon 2021-11-11, UMA telecon 2021-11-18
- Delegation Use Cases
- Prep for next week's working session
- Quorum: No
- Approve minutes of UMA telecon 2021-09-09, UMA telecon 2021-09-16, UMA telecon 2021-09-23, UMA telecon 2021-09-30, UMA telecon 2021-10-14, UMA telecon 2021-10-21, UMA telecon 2021-10-28, UMA telecon 2021-11-04, UMA telecon 2021-11-18
The Kantara All members meeting is Dec 8th, 11-1230ET (it's virtual, link TBD)
Delegation Use Cases
Reviewed more pp2pi use-cases, broken down by objective and mapped to whether uma or uma delegation can meet the goal
Will continue this discussion next week
Second use case is around geriatrics. There is less delegation requirements and seems to be a better pure UMA use-case.
- 75yo man delegates some but not all of his health record with his wife. His wife also has a POA - which complicates the authorities
- how does this case work?
- does the man provide a next of kin with the RS or AS? how is it kept current?
- the interaction with the RO is often infrequent, or based on specific health events
How do we take these use cases to the next step? simple write up, how to use UMA to accomplish?
Prep for next week's working session
Next will we will extend the meeting from 930-1230ET.
The group reviewed the 4 documents in the link above
- is there ordering between the relationships? (implicit or explicit)
- how can we better overlay identity with UMA. One of the biggest anecdotal gaps is how identity integrates to UMA
- eg RS may run their own identity process, or federate to another IDP - which could be the UMA AS??
- RO required IAL 2/3, easy to show with 1 IDP running the federation process. in practice there will be many more IDPs that need to collaborate
- ForgeRock getting more UMA use cases live
- POA in Hawaii - Blue Cross
- Florida - Blue Cross
- CMS mandate has helped drive implementation
- Should we cancel some of the meeting at the end of the month, eg Dec 23 and Dec 30?
- Who would actually attend those sessions?
Topic Candidates (from previous telcons)
- Delegation and Guardianship
Outcome of user stories discussion
PDP architecture includes the concept of governance registry/discovery
TOIP/SSI are starting to define this ecosystem function
ANCR records update
Privacy as Expected/ANCR update : 2/3 weeks out (Sal?)
As of October 26, 2020, quorum is 5 of 9. (Michael, Domenico, Peter, Sal, Thomas, Andi, Alec, Eve, Steve)
- Scott G