Child pages
  • UMA telecon 2021-09-23
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

UMA telecon 2021-09-23

Date and Time

Topic Candidates (from previous week's telcon)

  • Outcome of user stories discussion

  • PDP architecture includes the concept

  • TOIP/SSI are starting to define this ecosystem function

  • ANCR records update

  • Privacy as Expected. 

  • Ontario's Digital Identity Program

Agenda

Minutes

Roll call

  • Quorum: no

Approve minutes

Privacy as Expected

  • Site: privacy-as-expected.org
  • From above page: PaE:CG [Privacy as Expected: Consent Gateway] is a project funded under NGI TRUST from OCT-2020 to JUN-2021 that will provide an end-to-end, user-centric, comprehensive, open source solution to managing Consent for Personal Data. The key deliverables are open software, a public demonstrator, real-world trials, and publications.

Eve: 

  • Me2B is coming out
  • Perhaps have an expert join us one week
  • https://me2ba.org
  • Nancy: seems like there is a lot of redundancy in terms of orgs doing similar things
  • NGI Trust: NGI == Next Generation Internet
  • Respectful Tech : Spec in final review under me2b org as a WG

Delegation:

Nancy:

Peter: Is Alec L working on this?

Steve: Analysis of Okta OSS implementations: "Delegate" and "Managed Access"

Eve/Nancy: UMA Legal and business Business-legal Framework and Use Cases

  • Trying to separate resource rights administrator from data subject

Nancy: PP2pi (Protecting Privacy to Promote Interoperability Workgroup)

  • www.drummondgroup.com/pp2pi
  • Soliciting participation in these WG's
  • Use cases span medical data with other services – ex; Disabled person looking for a job

Action Item(s)

  • Eve: Convert the legal use cases doc and publish; demote out of date related stuff; cleaning up legal-type topics on WG wiki

Need an analysis of the PP2pi use cases

  • this is a layer above UMA. Example:: graph for policy

Ref Sovrin whitepaper: https://sovrin.org/wp-content/uploads/Guardianship-Whitepaper2.pdf

  • Eve: Can we make a forcing function out of this: e.g., a report that analyses these use cases w.r.t. UMA
  • Mostly useful for scraping terminology
  • Finish by end of November?

Delegation: lots of nuance : see UMA Legal role slides

Eve: World of RUFADAA: Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Access Act

Sal: that is what we are working on in ANCR and the associated record that is created when RO starts discovery on first contact

Eve; We should use these secondary sources as we develop glossary, as well as how the use cases align (or don't) to UMA use cases.

  • Also a concordance of use cases


Action Item(s)

Future UMA mtg: Need a discussion on document development: methods. GDocs/etc. is problematic

  • Peter: Maybe Kantara's github?
  • Use markdown?

Ontario's Digital Identity Program

Link to document:  https://www.ontario.ca/page/consultation-policy-framework-ontarios-digital-identity-program

  • Alec (previous week's notes): Feel free to submit comments to Ontario about the DI strategy
  • We did a shallow review of doc, but we should figure out if any of it is relevant to UMA?
  • Sal: put big comment around consent receipts; 

Eve: proposing topic on defining "delegation" and associate 

Action Item(s)

Future mtg: ANCR records update, probably 30min; maybe two or three weeks out

AOB

11:27 AM

Attendees

As of October 26, 2020, quorum is 5 of 9. (Michael, Domenico, Peter, Sal, Thomas, Andi, Alec, Eve, Steve)

Voting:

  1. Peter
  2. Eve
  3. Sal
  4. Steve

Non-voting participants:

  1. Scott
  2. Nancy

Regrets:

  1. Alec
  • No labels