Child pages
  • UMA telecon 2012-04-19
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

UMA telecon 2012-04-19

Date and Time

  • WG telecon on Thursday, 19 Apr 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) – interop results
    • Skype: +99051000000481
    • US: +1-805-309-2350 (other international dial-in lines available) | Room Code: 178-2540

Agenda

  • Roll call
  • Approve minutes of 2012-04-05 and 2012-04-12 meetings
  • Line up potential chair pro tem for next week if Eve can't make it
  • IIW F2F plans
  • Tweet chat next Wednesday!
  • Interop discussion
    • Puma library announcement
    • Kantara summit report
    • OSIS wiki report and next steps
  • Action item review
  • Trust model discussion
  • Spec discussion
  • AOB

Minutes

Roll call

Quorum was reached.

Approve minutes of 2012-04-05 and 2012-04-12 meetings

Minutes of 2012-04-05 and 2012-04-12 meetings APPROVED.

Line up potential chair pro tem for next week if Eve can't make it

Maciej can do it.

IIW F2F plans

We'll plan to hold an "open UMA meeting" on the Thursday afternoon for two hours. Eve, George, Thomas, and Maciej (of those on the call today) can be there. Hopefully the SMART team will also participate in the speed-geeking demos.

Interop discussion

  • Puma library announcement

Jacek will shortly be publishing a tutorial on building a host application. A tutorial on building a requester application is next. The SMART AM (based on UMA/j) still has a separate endpoint for getting an RPT, which they had done on their own prior to the last big change to the UMA spec. We should re-consider whether the spec should sync up with this choice.

Can we use this implementation in a pedagogical way to drive conversations about the topic of AS/RS separation? We suspect this topic will be discussed heavily at IIW, and we should participate. Lots of folks have independently invented solutions in this general area. How about we propose a session on the Tuesday to collect use cases for AS/RS separation (small and large) if no one does it otherwise? George had run a session on AOL's use case.

  • Kantara summit report

Thanks to Mario for stepping in to present UMA at the Kantara summit! We realize that it's early days yet for interop activities.

  • OSIS wiki report and next steps

We're waiting for Pam to create a namespace for us on the OSIS wiki. Once we have that, we can use Cordny's test-case work to start generating formal feature tests.

Action item review

2011-09-22-4 Various Closed Build list of FAQs on the wiki. Dom has translated entries into Italian. Eve to link to Cordny's UMA article in Dutch from FAQ.
2011-09-29-1 Frank, Sal, Dom, Sus, Kevin et al. Open Prepare Trust Model "user guide". In progress. Eve has refreshed the Trust Model main doc.
2012-02-02-4 Thomas, Sal, Eve Open Capture business-oriented use cases. In progress. We'll push this forward at IIW.
2012-04-05-2 Maciej Open Update the Implementations page on the wiki to reflect reality. To be done before IIW.
2012-04-05-3 Lukasz Open Send samples of the relevant SMART messages around claims-gathering to the list. To be done this week.

Trust model discussion

Domenico pointed out that we need TRs between the host operator and the requesting party. George agrees. Eve will add this to the doc.

Attendees

As of 13 April 2012, quorum is 5 of 9.

  1. Catalano, Domenico
  2. Fletcher, George
  3. Hardjono, Thomas
  4. Machulak, Maciej
  5. Maler, Eve
  6. Moren, Lukasz
  7. Szpot, Jacek

Non-voting participants:

  • Nederkoorn, Cordny

Next Meetings

  • WG telecon on Thursday, 26 Apr 2012, at 9am PT (time chart)
  • NO TELECON on Thursday, 3 May 2012, due to IIW – we will have an "open meeting" at IIW on Thursday afternoon instead (non-quorate)
  • WG telecon on Thursday, 10 May 2012, at 9am PT (time chart)
  • WG telecon on Thursday, 17 May 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) – post-PII conference
  • WG telecon on Thursday, 24 May 2012, at 9am PT (time chart)
  • No labels