UMA Validator Bounty Program
Draft 1.0, approved 14 Oct 2010 by the Kantara UMA Work Group
The bounty program is now complete. We received two submissions, and bounty awards have been decided. Thank you, submitters!
- UMA specification conformance test plan materials from Cordny Nederkoorn
- Health data exchange test cases from Project hData
- Develop material that assists in validating the compliance of implemented authorization manager, host, requester, and authorizing user/user agent endpoints to the UMA draft specifications (and their referenced external specifications).
- The material can consist of positive and negative test cases, executable code, testing guidelines, full test suites, and/or other deliverables necessary for testing UMA functionality.
- Testing code can be in any language, but must be available under a well-recognized open-source license and must be in a form that can be readily hosted at KantaraInitiative.org or another agreed-upon site.
- The goals are to promote multiple interoperable implementations of the UMA specifications and to drive improvements in those specifications that support interoperability and compliance.
Bounty award details
- The total bounty available is US$4000.
- The amount awarded may be divided among multiple submitters, and the full amount does not have to be awarded.
- Expressions of submission interest, including a description of the proposed task and an estimate of hours needed to complete it, are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 Nov 2010, 11:59pm Pacific time, to be eligible. (Now COMPLETE.)
- It is recommended that draft submissions be sent by 6 Dec 2010 to allow time for WG review and feedback before the final deadline. (Now COMPLETE.)
- Submissions of completed materials are due by 13 Dec 2010, 11:59pm Pacific time, to be eligible. (Now COMPLETE.)
- The UMA WG, by a simple majority of those voting (any submitters recusing themselves from voting), will decide and announce bounty awards by 16 Dec 2010. (Now COMPLETE.)
- The Kantara managing director will administer any awarded funds by 31 Dec 2010. (Now COMPLETE.)