Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2019-08-08

Status of Minutes

DRAFT

Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>

Attendees

Voting

  • Jim Pasquale
  • Andrew Hughes
  • Oscar Santolalla
  • Lisa LeVasseur
  • Iain Henderson
  • Mark Lizar
  • Mary Hodder

Non-Voting

  • Colin Wallis
  • Nancy Lush
  • Sal D'Agostino
  • Sneha 
  • Peter Davis

Regrets:  

Quorum Status


Meeting was quorate 


Voting participants


Participant Roster (2016) - As of 2019-05-15 quorum is 6 of 11

(Voting participants are: Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C), John Wunderlich (VC), Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer, Paul Knowles, Lisa LeVasseur, James Aschberger)

Discussion Items

Time

Item

Who

Notes

4 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Please remember to update your entry on the Consent Receipts Implementations Page - this is a major landing point for external viewers and raises awareness of the CIS WG work and your product too
  • Update on Charter refresh work Review doc in draft
  • AOB
  • Discuss next steps for receipt specification 
2 minsMotion to approve prior minutes

MOTION: To approve all and any outstanding meeting minutes requiring approval.

Moved by: 

Second: 

Discussion: None

Motion: 

ACTION: Andrew to update meeting minutes status as indicated.

10 min
  • Organization updates
All

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.

  • Reminder next week call is dedicated to Jan Lindquist from Dativa, HyperLedger Indy and other projects consent receipts lifecycle using blockchain. 
  • MyData, Helsinki, September
5 minNews about new implementationsAll

This is a new standing agenda item where we can hear about new implementations of receipts.

  • launching a private pilot solution for verifying Passport information for international travel for private passengers using consent
1 minProcessing feature requests for v.next specification workKate/John
5 minNews and HappeningsJim

Me2B Lisa: Officially launch the Policy working group, with much legal backup, especially in the US where laws and regulations are lackluster and need to be shored up and rewritten to today's digital dynamics. Consent term differences between US and the rest of the world.

IEEE 7012 Mary: User submitted terms need use cases to develop to write the spec. and development. Lisa: Face-to-Face meeting in early Oct.1-3 overlapping IIW, which may change based on this. drafts for all section should be ready before this meeting. Making it more or most productive.

https://github.com/dpvcg 






0  minDemo status updateall

Recording from Identiverse should be available by the end of July. The presentation is now modular with short videos available to show implementations in Kantara Members' products.

0 minSpecification update approach

See a flowchart version of this here:

https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/b-DWOcuKGnVY1PXBKXTpL0-DQOeqmZMGfGUAPiC5

20 minWG Charter RefreshIain Henderson

Action: Everyone needs to review the current draft either through the Wiki, which john will post up to, or the Word document Iain has been circulating 

  • (2019-06-13) Iain suggests that it is probably time to review and update the Charter
    • ACTION: Iain to lead the review of the current version of the WG Charter and bring a draft to the WG for discussion. Iain to inform the WG of how and where to participate.
  • (2019-07-04) Iain sends his regrets (Iain may be heading into a vacation - will check)
    • Continue to send your comments and information about the WG charter to Iain
    • Jim summarized some of the discussion about how information sharing, consent, receipts and future framing of the work 
    • Andrew suggests that structuring the charter to support the idea of having distinct projects to run simultaneously has been asked for by many in the WG for a long time. To avoid 'single-tracking' the WG work and allow individuals to lead important work without being blocked by others' priorities.
    • ACTION: Jim, Andrew, and John to work with Iain to assist with charter structuring and work management shaping.
    • Lisa notes that the presentation about the evolution of consent will be a useful input into the charter work
  • (2019-07-18). Iain gave a brief review of the current status of the draft proposal for the newly expanded charter effort
    • General agreement to move consent requirements to the CMS WG (need to understand the process to do so), feeding them back into the CIS WG for technical implementation.  General agreement to "invite and include UMA WG activities into the CIS WG also moving towards consistent requirements and tech for information sharing with either consent or authorization. (AKA Cross-pollinating across the groups)
  • (07-25) presentation of the draft by Iain deferred to a future meeting based on Iain's availability and time on the weekly call.
  • (2019-08-01) 
    • Discussion about the term "information sharing" versus "Personal data sharing" versus ELISA
      • The term "Consent" is a challenge - to communicate, to understand the business/legal/technical nuances, to differentiate from permission and authorization
      • Jim: "Information Sharing" might be too broad
      • The Consent Management Solutions WG should deal with the Legal/Business aspects of 'consent'; CIS WG should focus on the Technical aspects
    • We discussed the word document
      • Generally, the charter describes an umbrella WG that provides the infrastructure that supports Projects, ensures resourcing and progress updates
      • Andrew outlined how the WG and intellectual property structures used in Kantara WGs
      • Discussed wording of scope items and deliverables
    • Discussed the idea of a specification for a Data Usage Statement - kinda like a list of transactions the institution executed over the last month, which the individual can use to reconcile their receipts against. More discussion needed.
5 minAOB

James: Lisa --> https://www.w3.org/ns/dpv and with GDPR-focus --> https://www.w3.org/ns/dpv-gdpr

Mark:

  • is there anyone interested in working on the Consent Survey? It covers Consent, Permission and Authorisations forms - specifically the use of the term, the definition and the data capture label ..
  • it will also be really interesting to see - how much of the use of the word consent in the wild would match with the CR legal and standards definitions. - and what variations there might be across different sectors/languages etc.
  • I like that idea - if we are to put a project in the charter - a champion should also be listed in the Charter.
  • the issue of a liaison work - and collaboration needs a charter and IPR agreements
  • Lisa - maybe we can ask the attorneys to help with an ipr agreement?

Sal:

  • that being the case the work here lays out an approach that has a lot of merits, including starting with sheets, going to graphs, etc..

Lisa: 

  • When we discussed it last week, Sal, I seem to recall it was stuff we knew we wanted to do and would rely on internal champions to drive things?
  • So I think that ELISA falls under the Information sharing agreement bullet items [wherever the work is done]--is that right, Jim?

Mary: 

  • SAL: I agree.. and unless there is one person in charge of each deliverable to a product in 1 year, I don't see the group generally getting it all done

Recommendation to Andrew is to create projects with a project manager as the key stakeholder who is the interface internally and externally.


Next meeting

*** Next call 2019-08-15 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/323930725


  • MOTION: To adjourn 
  • Moved: 
  • Second: 
  • Discussion: 
  • Motion