Kantara FIWG Teleconference
Date and Time
- Date: 04, April, 2013
- Time: 13:00 PT |16:00 ET
- John Bradley, Ping Identity
- Rainer Hoerbe, Identinetics
- Allan Foster, Forgerock
- Scott Cantor
- Administrative - roll call : Minutes from Mar. 21
- Rainer With the progress of the prototype of the test repository manager a development milestone of the SAML test harness is approaching. I would like to present a couple of slides and ask participants for feedback at the next FI-WG meeting.
- Kantara, OIX and other meta-data aggregator projects.
1. Administrative - roll call
- Mar 21 Minutes: Minutes moved by Scott, seconded by Allan, Approved
2 . Rainer
Rainer then reported on the prototype, and presented a short preso on arch decisions made recently.
While waiting for slides, we moved on to MDX
3. Kantara, OIX and other meta-data aggregator projects.
John mentioned the mailing on the MDX list, asking how many products other than Shiboleth support MDX.
Scott said that it was likely only Shib..
Discussion around various deployments.
Question: is current MDX something we want to move to a standard at this point?
Answer: Prob not, and it should be come a group that works on interop, and deployment first.
Rainer brought up the EIC and metadata exchange, and mentioned first step was simply to establish trust.
Discussion around MDX is really just a low level MetaData exchange protocol
InterFederation MetaDataExchange is a bigger problem.
Discussion around SaaS and Federation requirements, Scott differentiated Managed vs unmanaged relationships.
generally the outcome was that MDX would be unlikely to need to change for any inter federation needs.
Rainer then presented the SAML Test framework for the Austrian Govt, with Kantara and Geant.
after 1 hour, the call was adjourned.
- Date: Thurs 18th, April, 2013
- Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | (Time Chart)
- Dial-In: +1-218-862-7200
- Code: 178-2540
NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.