These are non-quorate meeting notes and have not yet been approved.
Joni Brennan (staff)
Dervla O'Reilly (staff)
Anna Ticktin (staff)
1. Roll Call---Non Quorate Mtg
Because quorum was not met, previous meetings' notes and minutes cannot be approved.
2. Nomination for WG Chair ballot reviewed--- Anna.
John Bradley was the sole nomination. Motioned by Mary Ruddy. Seconded by Rich Furr. Remaining leadership and volunteer positions were highlighted; a work group secretary is needed.
20100623-01Anna---formulate a secret ballot and circulate to the list for chairman vote.
3. Use Case update---John Bradley
Scott has posted to the wiki. Leif and John have added comments.
4. Federation Management Applications (JANUS + ?)
a. Cisco has expressed interest in joining but concerned about the IPR policy; not appropriate publishing standards due to the absence of a patent section.
b. John Bradley highlighted a project of interest...
c. The work group discussed having APIs [Application Programming Interface] over various databases vs one monolithic database
- Consider separating the assessment layers from the metadata [operational and policy separation in repository]
- Use Janus tool and directly insert assessment into metadata vs. operational/certification database
- API: how to ensure interoperability at the run/time level? what software instrumentation will be used to produce metadata?
- Joni and Drummond in favor of pursuing the API route
- Operational databases for federations may need to reach out to other certification databases
- Termination is part of the lifecycle of certification
- API between databases could be XML and SAML to conform to modern protocol; digestible by existing relying parties to ease initial deployment
20100623-02 Anna---Entity nomenclature discussion page to be created on wiki
Thursday 1 July 2010 12p PDT / 3p PDT / 1900 UTC
* Skype: +9900827042954214
* North American Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
* Room Code (Pass Code): 2954214