Child pages
  • Weekly Meeting 2011 10 25 Minutes Ratified
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Information Sharing GROUP Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Tuesday, 25 October 2011
  • Time: 9am HST | noon PST | 3pm EST | 8pm UK
  • Please join my meeting via GoToMeeting
  • Join the conference call:
    • Skype: +9900827042954214
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
    • UK Dial-In: +44 (0) 8454018081
    • Room Code: 2954214
    • GoToMeeting ID: 844-771-298

Attendees

  • Joe Andrieu
  • Judi Clark
  • Rob Kost

Apologies

  • Iain Henderson

Agenda

  1. Attendance
  2. Approval of Prior Minutes & Other Motions
  3. Prior Action Item Review
  4. New Business
    1. Semantics
  5. Car Rental Engagement Model
  6. Standard Information Sharing Agreement
    1. Setting Criteria (assessors, ratings, etc.)
  7. Action Item Review

Minutes

1. Attendance

We noted that 3 people on the call were voting members and the group met quorum on this call.

2. Motions
  1. Motion unanimously passed to ratify minutes from October 11.
3. Summary of prior vote

Per our prior conversations and vote, motion was approved (four voting members approved, Joe Andrieu abstained) to use $5k of our 2011 budget to pay Joe Andrieu to develop tools and guidance for creating information sharing engagement models.

4. Prior Action Item Review
  • Joe: draft proposal to write up engagement model template, present to leadership council - done
  • Joe: follow up with John Bradley on budget - done, Iain is following up with Joni
  • Joe: blog post: info sharing as enablement = civic engagement - to do
  • Joe: creative brief for artwork - kickstarter? Joe to draft.
  • Joe: review Car Rental draft, send feedback to Rob. - to do
  • Joe: PDEC start-up circle follow-up - done
  • Joe: follow up with Mary Ruddy re: vote at ID Commons - to follow up
  • Joe & Iain: call on Friday to advance presentation - done
  • Joe & Iain: brief bullet-points/updates to draft blog post for PDEC - done
  • Kaliya: mention on Start-up Circle mailing list about matching funds for Info Sharing Agreements - done
  • Judi: check with Joyce re: room on Monday (pre-IIW) - done
  • Iain: check with Mydex re funding - not happening.
  • Iain: review/update brief for Marc D - after IIW, subject to funding.
  • Iain: draft text/concepts for web site - after IIW.
  • Rob: update engagement model, draft business case, based on feedback from group - will send update based on Iain's feedback
  • Next week: Group to define Certifications and what are Ratings, what's required and what's minimal - done
5. New Business

C3/CRM+VRM update: event by Opus is on hold pending further support and interest.

Semantic Interoperability in Information Sharing Agreements: Rob offered brief summary of ontological approaches in industry. It's somewhat different from ontology for trust frameworks. Architecture: participation in trust framework is agreement to one or more master agreements, supported by individual data transaction agreements (see Information Sharing Labels for label format, noting Standard Agreement, terms, ratings (such as http://thosesneakybastards.org/ ), etc.

6. Car Rental Engagement Model

This industry will have a unique ontology. Rob sent update with Iain's comments for review. Will continue at next meeting.

7. Information Sharing Agreements

Setting Criteria (assessors, ratings, etc.):

  • Signature authorities:
    • legally able to enter into a contract with participants
    • produce digital identities for signing Data Transaction Agreements (DTAs)
    • distribute digital identities to the appropriate parties
    • dispute resolution
    • audit capability
    • able to verify/assert a participant's ability to enter into a contract (level of assurance issue)
      • do we use our own?
      • signed agreement
      • LOA1: confirmed communication route (email verification)
      • either: photocopies/scans of documents verifying age of consent OR non-repudiatable assertions from state authority of age of consent
  • Ratings services
    • able to publish ratings based on digital identities
    • dispute resolution
  • Assessors 
  • Individuals: legally capable of entering into a contract directly or "by parent/guardian"--a tricky future problem dealing with contract law, jurisdictional and cultural, etc.,  and able to run software for signing DTAs
  • Data recipients: legally capable of entering into a contract, and able to run software for signing DTAs

Intent: 1) Simplest infrastructure level for entering into contracts, 2) various master agreements that have different terms/requirements for data sharing. 3) trust framework for bootstrapping specific data transactions.

8. Action Items Review
  • Joe: draft Kickstarter proposal for creative
  • Joe: blog post: info sharing as enablement = civic engagement
  • Joe: review Car Rental draft, send feedback to Rob
  • Joe: follow up with Mary Ruddy re ID Commons
  • Joe: draft contract for work approved by group to Judi for Joni
  • Iain: check with Joni before our call tomorrow
  • All: call re: updates, financing tomorrow, 9am Pacific time
  • Judi: blog post to PDEC
  • Rob: update engagement model, draft business case - will send update based on Iain's feedback - done!

Next Meeting

TUESDAY 31 October 2011 - 90 minutes
Time: 9am HST | noon PST | 3pm EST | 9pm UK
Skype: +9900827042954214
US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
UK Dial-In: +44 (0) 8454018081
Room Code: 2954214

NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.

  • No labels