Child pages
  • Weekly Meeting 2011 10 11 Minutes Ratified
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Information Sharing GROUP Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Tuesday, 11 October 2011
  • Time: 9am HST | noon PST | 3pm EST | 8pm UK
  • Please join my meeting via GoToMeeting
  • Join the conference call:
    • Skype: +9900827042954214
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
    • UK Dial-In: +44 (0) 8454018081
    • Room Code: 2954214
    • GoToMeeting ID: 844-771-298

Attendees

  • Joe Andrieu
  • Judi Clark
  • Iain Henderson
  • Kaliya (non-voting)

Apologies

  • Rob Kost
  • Mary Hodder

Agenda

  1. Attendance
  2. Approval of Prior Minutes & Other Motions
  3. Vote for group leadership
  4. Prior Action Item Review
  5. New Business
  6. Car Rental Engagement Model
  7. Standard Information Sharing Agreement
    1. Certifications
    2. Ratings
  8. Action Item Review

Minutes

1. Attendance

We noted that 3 people on the call were voting members and the group met quorum on this call.

2. Motions
  1. Motion unanimously passed to suspend the Ops Policy dictating an eVote in preference for a vote on the call today.
  2. Motion unanimously passed to accept the nomination of Joe and Iain as WG co-chairs (all nominations received to date).
  3. Vote unanimously passed electing Joe and Iain as for WG co-chairs.
  4. Motion unanimously passed to ratify minutes from October 4.
  5. Motion unanimously passed to write up & present to Leadership Council use of $5k from 2011 budget to develop tools and guidance for developing information sharing engagement models.
3. Vote for group leaders

(see motions above)

4. Prior Action Item Review
  • Joe: follow up with John Bradley on budget - to do
  • Joe: blog post: info sharing as enablement = civic engagement - to do
  • Joe: creative brief for artwork - to do
  • Joe: revise the ISWG introductory prezi, review with Iain on Friday - to do tomorrow 9am PDT
  • Joe: review Car Rental draft, send feedback to Rob - to do
  • Joe: follow up re: funding proposal to write up ReVRM engagement model - Iain proposed a general engagement framework rather than deep dive into one area, what will impact be in those areas--as template for how others could write up engagement models. Need to draft a proposal for leadership council for this.
  • Joe & Iain: call on Friday to advance presentation - done, will meet again tomorrow 9am PDT
  • Joe & Iain: brief bullet-points/updates to draft blog post for PDEC - to do, Judi resent email
  • Iain: check with Mydex re funding - asked again, waiting for answer, suggests we consider a plan B: find another source, check with Mydex again, check with PDEC & start-up circle, seek multipliers for sources. Kaliya's dinner on Sunday night, put topic on list this week with plan to talk about it at dinner. Currently have $10k matching funds from Kantara, matching funds of $10k from Mydex (which is in jeopardy) for work done before end of 2011.
  • Iain: review/update brief for Marc D - after IIW.
  • Iain: draft text/concepts for web site - after IIW.
  • Rob: update engagement model, draft business case, based on feedback from group for 11 Oct call
  • Judi: follow up with staff to make sure they received Rob's signature - done
  • Judi: follow up re: VRM dinner on Monday 17 Oct. - done
  • Next week: Group to define Certifications and what are Ratings, what's required and what's minimal.
  • Future action items: create web site (text from Iain)
  • Future: Judi and Joe: talk about other deployment issues
5. New Business

ID Commons membership: charter submitted, discussion period nearing end, voting is pending.

6. Car Rental Engagement Model

not covered on this call

7. Information Sharing Agreements

Certification and Ratings: Certifications are about suitability to participate in trust framework, against a criteria that we develop, using a process that we define. We're certifying the infrastructure players. Parties being certified: assessors, signature authorities (provides an identity that allows a party to enter into a Data Transaction Agreement (DTA)), and rating services.

Ratings are 3rd party assessments about whether someone would want to do business with a company. Those assessments can use whatever criteria they deem appropriate.

What's relationship between signature authority (certified) and data recipient (not certified)? Signature authority needs to associate an identity with a legal entity, and provide tools for identity/entity to sign DTAs. (similar to Verisign cert assertions) Data recipient/individual: needs to sign one or more master agreements. Signature authority retains affirmation of that signature, provides tools for offering, accepting, signing DTAs (PKI keys?). Data recipients use tools for DTAs. Signing a master agreement (MA) needs to include agreement to honor DTAs and acceptance of default terms from master agreement. Signature authority administers revocation process for entities (registry of complaints) who are bad actors--signature authorities needs rights and responsibilities to revoke identities of bad actors. (We're not designing revocation process)

All a data recipient or individual needs to participate in framework is to have signed one or more MAs that covers future DTAs and acceptance of default terms, evidence of signing. Signature authority is making the following assertion about the entity: "This legal entity, as represented by these identifiers, has signed one or more MAs and have demonstrated their adherence to IS agreements" (haven't yet been revoked). Revocation process needs to have due process. Data recipient/individual is also asserting a legal identity and authority to enter into agreements on behalf of that entity.

8. Action Items Review
  • Joe: draft proposal to write up engagement model template, present to leadership council
  • Joe: follow up with John Bradley on budget
  • Joe: blog post: info sharing as enablement = civic engagement
  • Joe: creative brief for artwork
  • Joe: review Car Rental draft, send feedback to Rob.
  • Joe: PDEC start-up circle follow-up
  • Joe: follow up with Mary Ruddy re: vote at ID Commons
  • Joe & Iain: call on Friday to advance presentation - tomorrow 9am PDT
  • Joe & Iain: brief bullet-points/updates to draft blog post for PDEC
  • Kaliya: mention on Start-up Circle mailing list about matching funds for Info Sharing Agreements
  • Judi: check with Joyce re: Phil & using Computer history Museum on Monday. If Joyce hasn't closed loop, Joe will check with Phil. (Cafe is not open on Monday or Tuesday)
  • Iain: check with Mydex re funding.
  • Iain: review/update brief for Marc D - after IIW, subject to funding.
  • Iain: draft text/concepts for web site - after IIW.

Next Meeting

TUESDAY 25 October 2011 - 90 minutes
Time: 9am HST | noon PST | 3pm EST | 9pm UK
Skype: +9900827042954214
US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
UK Dial-In: +44 (0) 8454018081
Room Code: 2954214

NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.

  • No labels