(1) WG NAME (and any acronym or abbreviation of the name): The WG name, acronym and abbreviation must not include trademarks not owned by the Organization, or content that is infringing, harmful, or inappropriate.
Japan Work Group (Japan WG)
(2) PURPOSE: Please provide a clear statement of purpose and justification why the proposed WG is necessary.
The Japan Work Group is responsible for:
- Promoting the education and adoption of Kantara Initiative's deliverables and other open identity standards in the Japanese market and government.
- Generating best practice guidelines and suggestions to make Kantara Initiative's deliverables and other open identity standards better suited to thrive in the Japanese market environment.
To accomplish this goal Japan Work Group shall:
- Provide Kantara Initiative and other identity related initiatives with subject matter expertise with respect to private and public sectors of Japanese market.
- Where appropriate, take part in the identification, planning, execution and follow-up of Japan industry events.
- Where appropriate, plan and execute Japan-focused Kantara Initiative seminars.
- Collect inputs for Kantara initiative's communications, such as collateral materials and contributed articles.
- Provide Kantara Initiative with spokespersons on Japan-related topics related to the Kantara Initiative vision.
- Interaction with relevant Work Groups for content creation, maintenance, publication and distribution of materials. Potential Japanese related support for PR activities, analyst relations, developer activities and events management.
(3) SCOPE: Explain the scope and definition of the planned work.
Specific Objectives and/or Deliverables of Japan Work Group shall include:
- Translation of selected Kantara Initiative's deliverables and press releases into the Japanese language.
- Support for planning and execution of Kantara Initiative events in Japan.
- Producing Japan related documents (such as translations, case studies, white papers and guidelines).
(4) DRAFT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: List Working Titles of draft Technical Specifications to be produced (if any), projected completion dates, and the Standards Setting Organization(s) to which they will be submitted upon approval by the Membership.
(5) OTHER DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS: Other Draft Recommendations and projected completion dates for submission for All Member Ballot.
Japan related documents (such as translations, case studies, white papers and guidelines).
(6) LEADERSHIP: Proposed WG Chair and Editor(s) (if any) subject to confirmation by a vote of the WG Participants.
Kenji Takahashi, NTT.
(7) AUDIENCE: Anticipated audience or users of the work.
- Japanese speaking persons or entities.
- Persons living and working in Identity Related industries in Japan.
- Persons interested in conducting businesses in Japanese market.
(8) DURATION: Objective criteria for determining when the work of the WG has been completed (or a statement that the WG is intended to be a standing WG to address work that is expected to be ongoing).
The Kantara Initiative Leadership Council charters the Japan Work Group for five years. It may be amended from time to time, with changes approved by the Leadership Council. This charter will expire in July 2014.
(9) IPR POLICY: Kantara Initiative approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy under which the WG will operate.
Option Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike.
(10) RELATED WORK AND LIAISONS: Related work being done in other WGs or other organizations and any proposed liaison with those other WGs or organizations.
Liaison with Japan Discussion Group (Japan DG).
Liaison with other Regional Work and Discussion Groups.
(11) CONTRIBUTIONS (optional): A list of contributions that the proposers anticipate will be made to the WG.
(12) PROPOSERS: Names, email addresses, and any constituent affiliations of at least the minimum set of proposers required to support forming the WG.
- Izumi Kaneko, CA, Izumi (dot) Kaneko (at) ca (dot) com
- Ichiro Nagano, NTT Software, ich (at) po (dot) ntts (dot) co (dot) jp
- Nat Sakimura, NRI, n-sakimura (at) nri (dot) co (dot) jp
- Takashi Shitamichi, Sun Micorsystems, Takashi (dot) Shitamichi (at) Sun (dot) com
- Toshihiro Suzuki, Oracle, toshihiro (dot) suzuki (at) oracle (dot) com
- Kenji Takahashi, NTT, takahashi (at) kenji (at) lab (dot) ntt (dot) co (dot) jp
June 24th, 2009
The Leadership Council ratifies this charter for operation.