Child pages
  • ULX Teleconference 2010-09-20
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Logistics

  • Time: 11:00-11:30 Eastern
  • Skype: +9900827042954214
  • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
  • Room Code: 295-4214

Discussion

1) Roll Call
  1. Paul Trevithick
  2. John Bradley
  3. Benoit Bailleux
  4. Bob Morgan
  5. Gael Gourmelen
  6. Trent Adams
  7. Scott Cantor

This was a quorate meeting.

2) Minutes

We approved the following minutes:

3) Integration Document for RP
  • Gael: Just to review there was an initial first draft document presented at the previous plenary. At that time it only covered the technical aspects of integrating with an ISA. In the previous call Scott pointed out that there was a cross-protocol SAML protocol for discovery. We will continue this discussion on the list.
4) Specifications ISA/RP/ActiveClient implementors
  • Gael: There was some discussion last week on the desirability of creating such a document
  • Gael: The ULX group had created an HTML mockup; the question is whether or not it should be written up as a document for implementors of ISAs, RPs, and active clients
5) OASIS UI Profile for SAML Metadata
  • View Document Details: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=39243, http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/39243/draft-sstc-saml-metadata-ui-02.pdf
  • John: Perhaps this ULX group should make some comments to OASIS
  • John: If there are things that haven't been thought of then we need to put together a submission to OASIS
  • John: Background: we need some way for federations to pass this information among themselves and a way for RPs to extract this information (and the RP to pass it to ISA). E.g. icons, friendly names, privacy policy, terms of service.
  • Scott has compared the above document to our RP Metadata document
  • John: E.g. should we have guidelines on specifically what kind of image type should be in an .ico file. Saying use an .ico file only means only that it is some kind of graphic file 16x16 in size or larger.
  • Scott: The SAML document is just now being implemented in Shibboleth by me to generate the UI
  • John: For lack of any other ideas this is what I plan to use for OIX metadata
  • Scott: the RP would likely transcode this into a JSON format and then consume
  • John: in the short term the government RPs
  • John: OSIS will be providing a test endpoint with sample metadata documents
  • Paul: I should have a more careful look at the SAML metadata document and do a thought experiment as to whether it has all it needs to support our current mockup
  • John: Also think about how an infocard IdP might use this. E.g. if you want something fancier than a generic infocard button then you need to start using some of these elements
6) Paris ULX meeting
  • Trent: I think 1/2 of the ULX meeting will be swapped with eGov (Colin)
Next Teleconference
  • Date: Monday, September 27, 2010
  • Time: 08:00 PDT | 11:00 EDT | 15:00 UTC/GMT | 17:00 CEST 
  • Dial-In: Skype: +9900827044630914, US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
  • Room Code: 4630914
  • No labels