Child pages
  • ULX Teleconference 2010-01-20
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

ULX Telecon 2010-01-20

Logistics

  • Time: 16:00-17:00 Eastern
  • Skype: +9900827042954214
  • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
  • Room Code: 295-4214

Attendees

  • Paul Trevithick
  • Mike McIntosh
  • Nate Klingenstein
  • Scott Cantor
  • Benoit Bailleux
  • Phillipe Clement
  • Valeska O'leary
  • John Bradley

Quorate meeting

Regrets

Discussion

0) Roll Call
1) Approve Minutes

We did not approve any minutes

2) Review Open Action Items

Review Action Items

3) Status of Web Mockups

Waiting for contract details with Kevin to be finalized.

4) IdP Selection WG charter vs. ULX Charter comparison.

Paul pointed out that comparing charters was not a good way forward to find common ground. Others agreed.

Phillipe said he would work on somthing more concrete.

Scott pointed out aspects of the IDP Selection charter that are more about marketing aspects (e.g. how to evangelize the outcome of the process, etc.). He suggested that we first try to look at the technical aspects to find the areas of overlap.

Trent suggested that a merger may not be necessary; perhaps a liason relationship.

Paul pointed out that we were approached by the IdP Selection WG about the possbility of merging and that's what we were trying to explore.

Phillipe said that the first goal is to avoid duplicated effort. Our objective is to make things happen, but to have them happen once. We have a good vision of what we want to do.

Trent asked Phillipe to point the ULX group to places on the IdP Selection wiki that illustrate the work being talked about and what's already been done.

Phillipe: From the business perspective we have a good view of what is happening in the business environment from an multi-idp/auth perspective. We understand how to come from a three actors situation to a four actor situation.
Trent: I think it would be more disruptive to merge. A simple liaison appointed to both groups that could report back.
Phillipe: I am scheduling a Feb 2nd IdP Selection call. And in parallel we can work on the charter.

5) RP Metadata

For reference:

Mike: I still think it is a good idea to separate the semantics from the XRD syntax.

5) New Topic

Bob: I talked a while ago about the UK Higher Ed federation looking at improved login experiences. That work is apparently going to get underway for real. I will be joining that effort.

  • No labels