ULX Telecon 2009-12-09
- Date: Wednesday, 9 December 2009
- Time: 16:00-17:00 Eastern
- Skype: +9900827042954214
- US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
- Room Code: 295-4214
- Paul Trevithick
- Debbie Bucci
- Mike McIntosh
- Mike Graves
- Scott Cantor
- Nate Klingenstein
- Eve Maler
- Gael Gourmelen
- Philippe Clement
- Benoit Bailleux
- Joni Brennan
- Valeska O'Leary
- Trent Adams
- RL "Bob" Morgan
- Fulup Ar Foll
0) Roll Call
1) Approve Minutes
Eve motions to approve, Nate seconds, no objection.
2) Is IDP Selection WG work in scope for ULX?
- Please review these 5 slides and be prepared to discuss
- Philippe: goes through slides for background on proposed work. Some differences in approach with ULX, some similarities.
- Gael: MRD requirements (from slide 4):
- SP delegates user selection of IdP to ISA
- IdP discovery by ISA/user
- IdP metadata acquisition by SP/ISA
- GUI/UX guidelines for SP/ISA
Former Liberty IDPS group is now a running Kantara group, hence looking at more protocols etc.
- Scott: pushing to merge the two groups, since member of both and IDS scope is subset of ULX scope
- Bob: subset? seems like, eg, IdP metadata acquisition is out of scope for ULX
- Scott: not necessarily
- Paul: seems like this adds third case to ULX set: plain browser, browser-with-internal-agent, browser-with-cloud-agent - not that that's a bad thing ...
- Paul: let's try to make a decision on this the next call
3) Non-chrome Login Button
- Paul: reactions?
- MG: use of FB Connect via RPX has quintupled in 60 days, so maybe "connect" verb is becoming more recognized
- Fulup: French government uses "connection" for "login"; "login" is English-invented word
- Bob: similarity to CardSpace v2 "pane" that invokes selector logic
- MG: RPX component does lots of cool stuff
- Paul: walk thru RPX on next call?
- MG: sure
4) RP Metadata
- MMc: describes work so far, XRD syntax is probably not right
- Bob: mention of very similar concepts by Mozilla folks, ie "Account Manager Control Document"
- Paul: u/p is a protocol too
- Scott: XRD syntax changing yet again, so better to try to describe functionality than try for real XRD use
- MMc: OK
5) Review Action Items
- DONE: Paul to talk Mike McIntosh about starting a wiki page for RP metadata
- DONE: Paul to talk to Valeska about creating a non-chrome login button
- TBD: Bob to create a new use case by re-casting the European higher ed material
- TBD: Paul to work with Valeska on getting first dynamic prototypes started