Child pages
  • ULX Teleconference 2009-12-02
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

ULX Telecon 2009-12-09

Logistics

  • Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2009
  • Time: 16:00-17:00 Eastern
  • Skype: +9900827042954214
  • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022
  • Room Code: 295-4214

Attendees

  1. Trent
  2. Eve Maler
  3. Jonas Hogberg
  4. Scott Cantor
  5. RL "Bob" Morgan
  6. Paul Trevithick
  7. Barry Heib
  8. John Bradley

Regrets

  1. Nate Klingenstein

Quorate Meeting

Discussion

0) Roll Call
1) IdP Selection WG

There was a Liberty IDPS WG. Paul forwarded to the entire list a PPT that Philippe Clement had sent to him. We will discuss this on next week’s call.

2) RP Metadata Issues

We cataloged the benefits of some kind of embedded object or markup:

  • Can be programmatically embedded
  • Can passively trigger login by active client

We created a (non-exhaustive) list of design goals for RP metadata:

  • Supports either login triggered by embedded object/markup or login triggered by the user clicking a button
  • Has common semantics irrespective of the option used in #1 above
  • Supports identity-enabled as well as unmodified browsers
    If it is absolutely critical to embed the RP metadata itself (beyond the trigger), then the RP metadata (XML) should be base64 encoded
  • Paul: It should support attribute aggregation (see Attributes First)
  • Paul: It should support attribute (e.g. URI) mapping
  • Scott/all: It should support value-based filtering (e.g. asking for a claim for a particular monetary amount)
    We agreed that we’d create a wiki page for working on this on the wiki
3) Non-Chrome Login Button
  • There was general consensus that we should proceed to create a prototype of a non-chrome login button that visually links to a chrome login button.
  • We should focus on trying to demonstrate a good UX and not worry about RP adoption
  • Bob: a cool login button coming out of this group would be quite complementary to what some specific higher ed federations are doing
4) Use Cases
  • Bob: will contribute a second use case based on the experiences with the European Higher Ed. Federations
    There was consensus that we should proceed with creating dynamic HTML prototypes of our use cases
5) OASIS
  • Resolution: It was agreed that we should add OASIS as a second alternative “target” SSO for the output of this group (in addition to the W3C).
6) Approve Minutes
7) Kantara F2F
  • Bob mentioned the upcoming Kantara F2F in Portland Oregon March 9-11 and proposed that this ULX group will hold a meeting there.
8) Action Items
  • Paul to talk Mike McIntosh about starting a wiki page for RP metadata
  • Paul to talk to Valeska about creating a non-chrome login button
  • Bob to create a new use case by re-casting the European higher ed material
  • Paul to work with Valeska on getting first dynamic prototypes started
  • No labels