High-level sequence diagram v1
Please use Comments to add clarifying notes and details. (you must be logged into Confluence to add a comment - see Create an account and get full access to the Kantara Wiki if you need to create an account)
- Diagram shows that Data Controller A integrates with Consent Platform 1 for consent management functions
- Diagram shows that Data Controller B integrates with Consent Platform 2 for consent management functions
- Controllers are not required to use Platforms (we should show both variants)
- The 'Business Function' that Data Subject and Controller A perform is decided and designed by the demo participant (Controller A in this case) - so this could be any interaction that will result in generation of a Consent Receipt
- Scenario 1 shows the case where Platform 1 handles all CR activities including display to Data Subject
- Scenario 2 shows the case where the Data Subject uses the 'dashboard' / 'viewer' / 'reader' of their own choosing to interact with previously-generated CRs
- The demo might show different CR transport mechanisms - anything from 'give it to the Data Subject to store somewhere', to 'Platform-to-Platform CR transmission'
- The critical piece that probably requires developer effort is 'Export Consent Receipt' and 'Import Consent Receipt' - those steps externalize CRs and might need some work to transform internal representations into conformant CR representations
Sequence diagram was discussed: 2018-07-05 Meeting notes (CR). General consensus that, at a high level, this is a reasonable, simple, demonstration. Much detail lies beneath each interaction line.