Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Motion to approve DRAFT+2018-02-21+Meeting+Notes+Consent+Management+Solutions+WG
4. Motion to approve WG Charter
5. Motion to confirm Corné van Rooij as WG Chair, Jim Pasquale as WG Vice-Chair **
7. Overview of the intended outcomes of the WG (if needed, for new participants)
8. Discussion on approach, sources, work packages, etc
9. Upcoming conferences and events
10. All Other Business (AOB)
- Corné van Rooij (Chair)
- Andrew Hughes (Secretary)
- Jim Pasquale
- Ken Klingenstein
- Joss Langford
- Jaap Franke
- Santosh Putchala
Meeting was not quorate
Participant roster (CMS) - Quorum is 5 of 9 as of 2018-03-07
(Voting status: Corné van Rooij, Jim Pasquale, Julian Ranger, Andrew Hughes, Mark Hapner, Tony Fish, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana, Mark Lizar, John Wunderlich)
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Agenda bashing
|5 min||WG Motions||Chair|
Motion to approve DRAFT+2018-02-21+Meeting+Notes+Consent+Management+Solutions+WG
Motion to approve WG Charter
Motion to confirm Corné van Rooij as WG Chair, Jim Pasquale as WG Vice-Chair **
- ** The Draft Charter that was approved by the Kantara Leadership Council to launch this WG named Corné as Chair and Julian Ranger as Vice-Chair. Julian has nominated Jim Pasquale to take on the Vice-Chair role.
Discussion on approach, sources, work packages, etc
- Corné walked through the current version of the powerpoint deck
- Starting with Stream BP-2 "Privacy Notice & Consent"
- Begin with GDPR and PSD2 as a starting point
- Cover Legal, Technical and User communication (UI/UX) aspects
- ACTION: ALL to make screen shot walkthroughs of their products to show how they interact with users. Andrew to create a wiki page for uploads.
- ACTION: Agenda item: look at iWelcome and digi.me walkthrough
- Question: Will this WG require the use of specific terms such as "PII"? Or is there more flexibility allowed in this WG?
- Discussion: The objective of this WG is to collect and document the practices of leading organizations. This will mean that many different choices for terms will be collected. If the WG decides that we should give guidance on 'preferred' terms, then we will do that at the right time.
- ACTION: WG Leads: Solicit contributions from organizations with consent management flows.
- Request should be for screenshot walkthroughs so that the WG can drill deeper as needed.
- Question: What about API implementations? A: These will fit into the 'technical' aspects - please contribute
- Note: Kantara has a Liaison WG that actively communicates with ISO SC 27 WG 5, for ISO 29184 and other standards work. This WG has the opportunity to contribute and influence the ISO work.
- Corné will circulate a draft Table of Contents for the Best Current Practices document in time for next WG call.
- Comment: The topic of 'trust' is not obvious in the slides - for example trust marks, consumer acceptance, and so on.
- Comment: Consumer trust in 'Brand' and reputation systems are an important source of consumer trust as it relates to informed consent. Kantara intends to develop a trust mark for this work - but that is not the only source of trust that we need to consider.
- Please sign up for any work stream that interests you - we will organize around that.
|5 min||Upcoming conferences and events||Andrew|
Events that Kantara will have an active role: https://kantarainitiative.org/events/
- Corné and Andrew will be speaking about this Work Group at EIC 2018 May 15-18 2018 in Munich
- Will be presenting about WG progress at other unconferences this year as well (IIW, MyData, etc)
- Please let us know if you are scheduled to present about this WG and we can let Kantara Marketing know for amplification
- Corné talked with Gartner analysts at the recent Gartner IAM in London about this WG.
- Next WG meeting Wednesday, March 21,2018at 15:00 GMT / 10:00 EST