Status of Minutes
Approved at: 2020-01-23 Meeting notes (CR) DRAFT
- Jim Pasquale
- Oscar Santolalla
- Colin Wallis
- Kate Downing
- John Wunderlich
- Nancy Lush
- Mark Lizar
- Lisa LeVasseur
- Andrew Hughes
- Yusef Khan
- Iain Henderson
- James Aschberger
Meeting was Not Quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - As of 2019-05-15 quorum is 5 of 9
(Voting participants are: Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale (C),, Andrew Hughes (VC), Oscar Santolalla, Lisa LeVasseur, James Aschberger, Yusef Khan)
- Please remember to update your entry on the Consent Receipts Implementations Page - this is a major landing point for external viewers and raises awareness of the CIS WG work and your product too
- During the course of the meeting to take sparse notes, noting these key things:
a. Open Critical Question
b. New Action items and owners
c. Key Agreements by the team
d. Answers to Critical Questions (if none when? assign a deadline)
- Update on new ISI Charter work Timeline Review
| min||Motion to approve prior minutes||Not quorate|
MOTION: To approve all and any outstanding meeting minutes requiring approval.
| 10 min||All|
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.
- Send an email to those who have missed four or more consecutive meeting notifying them, they are being moved to non-voting
- Should they choose to return at any point and become voting members again, they may do so as long as they are in conformance of the Kantara Charter
|0 min||News about new implementations||All|
|0 min||Processing feature requests for v.next specification work|
- Re-engaged work Being done on GitHub, do we stay with it and multtle through the learning curve, or go back to Confluence (here), This is a big questions the group needs to answer.
- 11/14 - What are the top-level Categories
- 11/14 - How will they be define: ie Bugs/Enhancements/New Specs
- Tom Jones & Vitor know of some predefined lists and would look at them
- 11/21 Jim's suggested in order to discuss the open items/issue/Et al the group use the following process
- Items can only be discussed if the person who entered the item/issue/Et al is on the call using a chronological order first in first out (FIFO)
- Should no-one with an open item be on the call the workgroup will move to other open issues, AKA Catorogy needed, developing, agreeing on, and implementing them for GitHub use and Beyond.
| 5 min||News and Happenings||Jim|
Me2B Alliance Webinar Series addresses the most pressing issues facing consumers and businesses in the security and privacy arena. Join us for the inaugural webinar in the series.
|0 min||Demo status update||all|
|0 minutes||First meeting of the month demo||all||Feb. ???|
|0 min||Specification update approach|
See a flowchart version of this here:
|0 min||WG Charter Refresh||Jim|
- Passed first step, awaiting next steps to build out the new WG
Upcoming events update
01/05/20: Tasks Forward
New WG proposed leads request staff to create the new WG
An email goes out to the WG email list roster to summarize the progress so far and next steps with timetable.
Notice goes to the WG email list stating the contributors to the consent receipt, stating that these contributors are the set of contributors at the close of the Consent Receipt's IPR review and public comment period in 2017 and 2018. Request to these contributors to agree to their contribution being re-contributed to the new WG (Link to Survey Monkey included). Ballot open 14 days closing Monday Jan 20th 2020.
01/09/20: Regular CISWG call to review progress.
01/10/20: ISI-WG goes live... currently without the Consent Receipt text as a baseline.
01/13/20: Target date for all CR contributors to have completed Survey Monkey and agreed to the re-contribution.
01/20/20: Target date for ISI-WG to have Consent Receipt contributed test also live on the website. Kantara promotes the new WG on Social etc.
01/23/20: First call proposed for the new WG using the same call cadence as CISWG. Email the CIS WG to encourage people to sign the GPA of the new WG get on the mailing list etc.
01/30/20: Second call of new WG.
01/31/20: CISWG proposed to be officially archived.
Proposed Email to current CIS WG Members:
As you are probably aware, the Consent Information Sharing workgroup (CIS-WG) is proposed to be archived and replaced by a new workgroup [proposed name Information Sharing Interoperability - ISI-WG] to be both more agile and project-driven, as well as operating under a more flexible IPR regime .
Furthermore, it is the desire of both the voting participants in the CISWG the participants in the new ISIWG to use the Consent Receipt Specification v1.1 text as the baseline for further document development.
It is important therefore, the contributors to the work are aware of this and also agree through a straight up or down vote to their work being contributed into the new workgroup with its more flexible IPR.
All known contributors are listed in the Consent Receipt Specification v1.1 incorporating previous versions and published at : (link) as at the close of the 45-day IPR review and public comment period for this specification. They are listed below for the sake of clarity.
...John doe ...Sally doyle
The new ISI-WG requests Contributors to Consent Receipt v1.1 to agree to the re-contribution of those contributions from the Consent and Information Sharing workgroup to the new group.
Please complete the form on Survey Monkey (link) regarding your agreement or otherwise to this re-contribution to the new workgroup as soon as possible but in any event by Monday January 20th, 2020.
Finally, we welcome everyone continuing to contribute your knowledge, expertise, and perspectives in this new WG [ name] effort. (links to GPA, wiki etc)
Message Log Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11-40-44 AM Eastern Standard Time.pdf
2019-12-12 10.37 Consent and Information Sharing WG.mp4
*** Last call 2020-01-23 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time
- MOTION: To adjourn
- Discussion: None
- Motion carry