Child pages
  • Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-03-31
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Minutes approved April 28, 2010

Kantara Leadership Council Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
  • Time: 9am PST | 12pm EST | 16:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Options:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

Attendees

  • Voting:
    1. User-Managed Access: Eve Maler
    2. ID-WSF Evolution: Paul Madsen
    3. Telecommunications Identity: Jonas Hogberg
    4. Consumer ID: Bob Pinheiro
    5. Privacy and Public Policy: Jeff Stollman (in place of Abbie)
    6. eGov: Colin Wallis
    7. Healthcare ID Assurance: John Fraser
    8. Liberty Spec Maintenance: Prateek Mishra
  • Non-Voting:
    1. Concordia: Paul Madsen
    2. Staff: Joni Brennan
    3. Identity Community Update: J. Trent Adams
    4. Map the Gap: J. Trent Adams
    5. Staff: Roger Martin

Apologies

  • None

Agenda

  1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
  2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-03-24
  3. Action Items Review:
    1. Trent to notify Liberty Specification Maintenance WG and Identity Access Services WG they've been moved to non-voting status. (DONE)
    2. Trent and Roger Martin to discuss next steps in how to formalize the liaison proposal into practice. (In Progress)
    3. Trent and Roger Martin to discuss next steps in how to formalize the WG funding model into practice. (In Progress)
    4. Trent to recirculate the RSA presentations as a starting point. (DONE: rsa_201003_wg_slides.zip)
    5. The LC was asked by the BoT to help solicit volunteers from their organizations to join the Marketing Committee.
    6. Eve to spend some time drafting ideas that could be used to develop a process applied to triggering the deactivation of inactive groups.
    7. Trent to send announcement to LC list prompting attendance for the next teleconference, highlighting the steps required to move the IAWG work to an all-member ballot, stressing a need for speed.
    8. Frank will lead an effort to address a FAQ document that explains the various components of the ARB and how it relates to the OIX and GSA/ICAM.
    9. Trent to put this back on the LC agenda to make sure it's being addressed (DONE - albeit self-referentially)
  4. Request: IAWG asks the LC to run an all-member ballot looking for approval of their specifications.
    1. Review: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/idassurance/WG+Approved+Specifications
      1. Kantara IAF-1000-Overview.pdf
      2. Kantara IAF-1100-Glossary.pdf
      3. Kantara IAF-1200-Levels of Assurance.pdf
      4. Kantara IAF-1300-Assurance Assessment Scheme.pdf
      5. Kantara IAF-1400-Service Assessment Criteria.pdf
      6. Kantara IAF-1600-Assessor Qualifications and Requirements.pdf
  5. Reallocation of staff to focus on organization activities (e.g. website and communication support)
  6. Reminder of Vacant Positions:
    1. LC Secretary
    2. LC Representative to the BoT
  7. AOB

Minutes

  1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
    1. The Chair recognized the request by Prateek Mishra to regain voting status for Liberty Spec Maintenance WG.
    2. The number of LC voting members is updated to 15.
    3. The LC quorum requirement is updated to 8 (of 15).
    4. Quorum for the meeting is met with 8 of 15.
  2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. MOTION: To accept the minutes as recorded for Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-03-24.
    2. Moved by Colin, motion carried.
  3. Action Items Review:
    1. Trent to notify Liberty Specification Maintenance WG and Identity Access Services WG they've been moved to non-voting status.
      1. DONE
      2. Prateek responded and regained voting status for Liberty Spec Maintenance WG.
      3. Gavin responded and accepted non-voting status for Identity Access Services WG.
    2. Trent and Roger Martin to discuss next steps in how to formalize the liaison proposal into practice.
      1. In Progress
    3. Trent and Roger Martin to discuss next steps in how to formalize the WG funding model into practice.
      1. In Progress
    4. Trent to recirculate the RSA presentations as a starting point.
      1. DONE
      2. rsa_201003_wg_slides.zip
    5. The LC was asked by the BoT to help solicit volunteers from their organizations to join the Marketing Committee.
      1. Ongoing
      2. Contact Trent or KI Staff for participation details.
    6. Eve to spend some time drafting ideas that could be used to develop a process applied to triggering the deactivation of inactive groups.
      1. DONE
      2. Review: Email sent to the LC list
    7. Trent to send announcement to LC list prompting attendance for the next teleconference, highlighting the steps required to move the IAWG work to an all-member ballot, stressing a need for speed.
      1. DONE
    8. Frank will lead an effort to address a FAQ document that explains the various components of the ARB and how it relates to the OIX and GSA/ICAM.
      1. In Progress
      2. Joni, as KI Program Director, is working with Frank on this.
    9. Trent to put this back on the LC agenda to make sure it's being addressed
      1. DONE
      2. Suggestion to bring this topic to the Marketing Committee
  4. Request: IAWG asks the LC to run an all-member ballot looking for approval of their specifications.
    1. MOTION: To certify for an All Member Ballot the following set of documents approved by the Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG) to be taken collectively as a Draft Recommendation to be known as the "Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance Framework (IAF) 2.0":
      1. Kantara IAF-1000-Overview.pdf
      2. Kantara IAF-1100-Glossary.pdf
      3. Kantara IAF-1200-Levels of Assurance.pdf
      4. Kantara IAF-1300-Assurance Assessment Scheme.pdf
      5. Kantara IAF-1400-Service Assessment Criteria.pdf
      6. Kantara IAF-1600-Assessor Qualifications and Requirements.pdf
    2. John moved, Bob seconded
    3. Discussion:
      1. Trent: This is a procedural action, with the LC reviewing the steps taken by the IAWG in bringing the documents to an All-Member Ballot, but not evaluating the content of the documents themselves. The steps taken by the IAWG:
        1. produced and approved the listed documents
        2. publicized a 45-day public comment period
        3. reviewed the received comments
        4. created a "comments disposition" document describing responses to comments
        5. announced responses to comments for further public review
        6. receiving no further comments, asked the LC to certify process and hold an All-Member Ballot
      2. Joni passed along the comment from the IAWG appreciates the LC attention and understanding of the need for speed.
      3. John: Is this set of documents directly related to the GSA/ICAM Trust Frameworks project?
        1. Joni: These documents are not directly related to that project and is a separate track of activities, though once approved the documents will feed back into that track.
      4. Roger M: Congratulates the IAWG and the LC in producing the first ballot for an official Kantara Initiative Draft Recommendation.
    4. Motion carried by unanimous consent
  5. Reallocation of staff to focus on organization activities (e.g. website and communication support)
    1. Joni and Dervla will no longer be available to take notes or action items on behalf of WG/DGs
    2. Groups needing assistance can contact Trent, Colin, or Roger M. to discuss options, but are asked not to contact Joni or Dervla directly
  6. Reminder of Vacant Positions:
    1. LC Secretary
      1. Trent has been acting LC Secretary, and is asking for assistance.
      2. There is likely to be additional work required of the LC Secretary with the new Liaison and Funding policies.
      3. Some activities such as the posting of the WG/DG quarterly reports have been de-prioritized for the time being.
      4. Suggested that if no one volunteers, the Chair impose a process to fill the Secretary position by rotating through the WG/DG chairs.
    2. LC Representative to the BoT
      1. The LC currently has only one representative to the BoT: Colin
      2. The position does include a full vote on the BoT for the LC representative.
      3. Anyone interested should contact Trent or Colin.
  7. Meeting adjourned at 17:02 UTC

Next Teleconference

  • Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2010
  • Time: 3pm PDT | 6pm EDT | 22:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Options:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

  • No labels