Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Minutes approved March 24, 2010

Kantara Leadership Council Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010
  • Time: 3pm PST | 6pm EST | 23:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Options:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

Attendees

  • Voting:
    1. User-Managed Access: Eve Maler
    2. Japan WG: Kenji Takahashi
    3. eGov: Colin Wallis
    4. Consumer ID: Bob Pinheiro
    5. ULX: Paul Trevithick
    6. ID-WSF Evolution: Paul Madsen
    7. Information Sharing: Joe Andrieu
    8. Healthcare ID Assurance: Rick Moore
    9. Clients: Conor Cahill
  • Non-Voting:
    1. Identity Community Update: J. Trent Adams
    2. Map the Gap: J. Trent Adams
    3. Concordia: Paul Madsen
    4. Japan DG: Kenji Takahashi
    5. Staff: Dervla O'Reilly
    6. Staff: Joni Brennan

Apologies

  • ID Assurance: Frank Villavincencio

Agenda

  1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
  2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-01-20
    2. Unofficial Notes: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-02-03
  3. Proposed WG: Interoperability Work Group (IOPWG)
    1. Review: IOPWG Charter
    2. Discuss & call for vote
  4. Request: Informal Liaison from Kantara eGov WG to OASIS eGov Member Section (Colin)
  5. Discuss: Policy for WGs/DGs to seek direct funding from sources external to Kantara. (Bob)
    1. Review: http://groups.google.ca/group/kantara-leadership-council/browse_thread/thread/eb989f8a48f72187#
  6. How to Manage Comments on Draft Specifications During Review Period
    1. Review: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/2010-February/000834.html
  7. Discuss: LC Support for WG/DG Evangelism
    1. Review: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/2010-January/000796.html
    2. Review: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/2010-January/000799.html
  8. Reminder: Kantara Conference - Oregon - March 9-11, 2010
    1. Preliminary LC Attendance
    2. LC Agenda Topics
  9. AOB

Minutes

  1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
    • 9 Voting Members
    • Quorum Met
  2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. MOTION: To accept the minutes as recorded for Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-01-20
      • Moved by Paul Madsen, seconded, no discussion, approved.
    2. MOTION: To read into the minutes of this meeting the unofficial notes as recorded for Leadership Council Teleconference - 2010-02-03
  3. Proposed WG: Interoperability Work Group (IOPWG)
    1. Review: IOPWG Charter
      • Noted that it will be a standard WG, with the difference that the IRB is reliant on it's output.
      • The WG assumes volunteer effort, though some circumstances may arise indicating a need for funded resources, if necessary to meet relying deadlines.
    2. MOTION: To approve the formation of the Interoperability Work Group (IOPWG) as defined by their charter.
      • Moved by Bob, seconded.
      • DISCUSSION
      1. Question: Is the term "Static Conformance Requirement" a well-known, and accepted concept in the industry?
        • Answer: It is an accepted term that was used within the Liberty Alliance and has been accepted within Kantara as a common term.
      2. MOTION AMENDED: To correct a misspelling of the term SCR in Section 3.
        • Moved by Rick, seconded, no discussion, approved
      • Motion approved as amended.
    1. ACTION ITEM: Joni to notify the IOPWG proposers of the approval.
    2. ACTION ITEM: Dervla to provision the IOPWG workspace, discussion list, and correct the misspelling in the charter as identified in the motion.
  1. Request: To set up an informal Liaison from Kantara eGov WG to OASIS eGov Member Section (Colin)
    1. Review: http://groups.google.ca/group/kantara-leadership-council/browse_thread/thread/eb989f8a48f72187#
    2. This is to be an Informal liaison relationship.
    3. Question: Would this help further the acceptance of the Identity Assurance Framework?
      • Answer: Not directly, but yes it would indirectly.
    4. MOTION: To delegate to the eGov WG the responsibility for forming an informal liaison relationship between the eGov WG and the OASIS eGov Member Section.
      • Moved by Colin, seconded, no discussion, approved.
    5. ACTION ITEM: Joni to create a new page within the LC wiki space to track liaison relationships.
    6. ACTION ITEM: Joni to look for existing liaison relationships and bring them to the LC for review and tracking as appropriate.
  2. Discuss: Policy for WGs/DGs to seek direct funding from sources external to Kantara. (Bob)
    1. Review: http://groups.google.ca/group/kantara-leadership-council/browse_thread/thread/eb989f8a48f72187#
    2. The LC should explore the possibility of a proposal to be sent to the BoT suggesting a process.
    3. Formed an ad hoc "Funding Proposal Committee", chaired by Bob, to draft a proposal for submission to the LC for review.
  3. How to Manage Comments on Draft Specifications During Review Period
    1. Review: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/2010-February/000834.html
    2. May not go the entire way to closure, and might benefit from requiring editor comments being fit into a defined structure.
    3. It would help to see an example of a proposed template format for comments.
    4. ACTION ITEM: Colin to find a copy of the ISO editor template and share with the LC list for further discussion.
    5. Consensus of the LC is that the process as outlined appears to be in line with expectations, Operating Procedures, and Bylaws. The LC does not to slow down the current IAWG workstream, but reserves the possibility some modifications to the process may be suggested based on further evaluation.
  4. Discuss: LC Support for WG/DG Evangelism
    1. Tabled as a discussion topic at the March conference in Oregon
  5. Reminder: Kantara Conference - Oregon - March 9-11, 2010
    1. LC Agenda Topics
      • WG/DG Evangelism
      • Discuss possible decrease individual membership fees to be in line with OIDF $25
  6. Meeting adjourned at 5:31pm MST

Next Meeting

  • Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010
  • Time: 9am PST | 12pm EST | 17:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Options:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

  • No labels