Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Minutes approved on October 21, 2009

Kantara Leadership Council Teleconference

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009
  • Time: 3pm PDT | 6pm EDT | 22:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Options:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

Attendees

  • Consumer ID, Bob Pinhiero, 
  • ID Assurance, Frank Villavincencio  
  • IdP Selection, Phillippe Clement
  • Info Sharing, Jo Andrieu
  • User-Managed Access, Eve Maler
  • ULX, Paul Threvithick
  • eGov, Colin Wallis
  • BoT Rep, Ken Salzberg
  • BoT Rep, Matthew Gardiner
  • Staff, Dervla and Joni

Apologies

  • User community Update, Trent Adams
  • Clients, Conor Cahill

Agenda

  1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
  2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
    1. Review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-10-07
  3. 2009 Supplemental Budget Requests Update:
    1. BoT Approved: InfoSharing WG: Survey Phase 1
    2. BoT Approved: Japan WG: Interpreter Services for November 6th
    3. Pending LC Vote: IAWG: IAWG Budget Requests
      1. Frank to set up a briefing for the LC on the IAWG
      2. Colin to set up a briefing for the LC on the ARB
  4. LC to vote on the OP/Bylaws changes approved by the BoT
    1. MOTION: Approval of Amendments to Operating Procedures for All Member Ballot
      • The following amendments to the Kantara Initiative Operating Procedures (version 1.0), as previously approved by the Board of Trustees, are hereby approved by the Leadership Council for submission to an All Member Ballot:

Add the following text as the third paragraph in section 2.6:

  • "For the purpose of maintaining a reasonable ability to achieve Quorum, any Voting Member of the LC who fails to attend two consecutive meetings of the LC may, at the discretion of the Chair, be re-classified as a non-voting member. Voting status may be reacquired by attending a meeting of the LC. In the case of an electronic vote of the LC, if the electronic vote is initiated while a member is in non-voting status, the member may not vote in that electronic vote."
  • Replace the fourth paragraph of section 3.3 (beginning "All WG Chair and...") with the following text:
    • "All WG Chair and Vice-chair and Editor elections shall be conducted by secret ballot unless the WG passes a motion by unanimous consent to hold a non-secret ballot."
  • In Section 3 (Work Groups) change "Intellectual Property policies" to "Intellectual Property Rights Policy".
  • In Section 3.7 (Decision Making), second paragraph, last sentence, change "vote occurs" to "vote is initiated".
  • Annex B (Discussion Group Request [Template]). Replace the explanatory text under section "(5) Copyright Policy" with the following:
    • "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported or another Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy Option to cover any copyright material that may be produced as a result of DG Participants’ posts to the wiki or email archives."
  • Next Step: All member ballot

5.    BoT Update from Colin, Conor, Ken, Mathew

6.    Future event update from Dervla (IDIS10 Rome 28-30 May as another possibility proposed by Kenji) 

7.    AOB

Minutes

  1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
              Attending: 9 of 14 voting members. Quorum reached.
  2.  Approval of prior meeting minutes

                    Review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-10-07. Moved Consumer ID, Seconded BoT Rep (MG). Minutes accepted as drafted by unanimous consent.

              

    3.     2009 Supplemental Budget Requests Update:

    • BoT Approved: InfoSharing WG: Survey Phase 1. Jo reported next steps
    • BoT Approved: Japan WG: Interpreter Services for November 6th. Kenji not on call to report next steps
    • Pending LC Vote: IAWG: IAWG Budget Requests. Deliverable #1 $10K: BoT has asked for clarification to ensure work not duplicating staff action to create KI templates.  Frank says 'no', that it is feedback from the ICAM and ARB reviews that needs incorporating after the KI doc templates, but reports that a volunteer has been found so no budget request for Deliverable #1 or #2 needs to proceed at this time.  Staff understand work is being done on templates but will confirm. Ken reported that he had taken a BoT action to follow up with Frank.
      Action Item: Joni to confirm KI staff doing KI doc templates
    • Frank to set up a briefing for the LC on the IAWG: LC agreed this action had been covered in last week's call and should be closed
    • Colin to set up a briefing for the LC on the ARB: Colin confirms this is set for next weeks call, and just needs placing high in the agenda (Item 3?)

    4.     LC to vote on the OP/Bylaws changes approved by the BoT

            MOTION: Approval of Amendments to Operating Procedures for All Member Ballot: Moved eGov, Sec'd IdP Selection. Motion tabled without vote 

      • The following amendments to the Kantara Initiative Operating Procedures (version 1.0), as previously approved by the Board of Trustees, are hereby approved by the Leadership Council for submission to an All Member Ballot: 
      1. Add the following text as the third paragraph in section 2.6:
        • "For the purpose of maintaining a reasonable ability to achieve Quorum, any Voting Member of the LC who fails to attend two consecutive meetings of the LC may, at the discretion of the Chair, be re-classified as a non-voting member. Voting status may be reacquired by attending a meeting of the LC. In the case of an electronic vote of the LC, if the electronic vote is initiated while a member is in non-voting status, the member may not vote in that electronic vote."
      2. Replace the fourth paragraph of section 3.3 (beginning "All WG Chair and...") with the following text:
        • "All WG Chair and Vice-chair and Editor elections shall be conducted by secret ballot unless the WG passes a motion by unanimous consent to hold a non-secret ballot."
      3. In Section 3 (Work Groups) change "Intellectual Property policies" to "Intellectual Property Rights Policy".
      4. In Section 3.7 (Decision Making), second paragraph, last sentence, change "vote occurs" to "vote is initiated".
      5. Annex B (Discussion Group Request [Template]). Replace the explanatory text under section "(5) Copyright Policy" with the following:
        • "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported or another Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy Option to cover any copyright material that may be produced as a result of DG Participants’ posts to the wiki or email archives."
    1. Next Step: All member ballot

              Discussion: Proposed text was checked aginst that approved by BoT and found identical. Concern raised on wording of (i) in terms of timing, when in the meeting, Voting status may be reaquired, and whether it is the Chair's or the member's discretion that voting status be changed. There was also concern about the time delay of electronic voting that meant that a members voting status may not be known at the time of the electronic vote, vs the immediacy of a teleconference.  The LC agreed to continue discussing the issue via email and look to a vote on the Motion by the end of next meeting latest. 

5.    BoT Update from Colin, Conor, Ken, Mathew:

      Joni updated the LC on the move across of the Liberty docs

6.    Future event update from Dervla (IDIS10 Rome 28-30 May as another possibility proposed by Kenji) 

Joni updated the LC on a new proposal from Japan WG for the European F2F event to be in conjucntion with this event, but Dervla had noted that the following Monday is Memorial Day in the US (Bank Holiday) so the return travel from this event would be an extra burden on US participants.

7.    AOB

Next Meeting

Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009

  • Time: 8am PDT | 11am EDT | 15:00 UTC (Time Chart)
  • Teleconference Options:
    • Skype: +9900827043671716
    • US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

NOTES:

  • No labels